Kemper used prices?!?

• I put mine in an SKB shallow rack and take as cabin baggage. There is even room for cabling and underwear in the back for a few shows
    The guitar can go checked, as my Kemper is more important.

Really? My guitar is most important to me, I feel uncomfortable playing someone else’s. For an amp I can play anything. Heck give me a Fender Mustang 1 and I can get a decent sound.

• You should see what the Japanese sellers list them for on eBay. More than twice the price.od a new one. Insane.

I was in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka for a few weeks last fall. Most thing were more or less normally priced (they sure love their Marshalls, I never thought I'd see so many JVM410s in my whole life), but Kempers were rare and pricey.

They did have a lot of really really nice Private Stocks.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/yVN3QJa.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nmSvpD1.jpg]

Just in case anyone wants to see what a $25k archtop looks like:

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/3TcxwLL.jpg]

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Really? My guitar is most important to me, I feel uncomfortable playing someone else’s. For an amp I can play anything. Heck give me a Fender Mustang 1 and I can get a decent sound.

If you are playing a guitar like that I understand. I use mainly Ibanez though and never got attached to any particular instrument. They are quite consistent, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to replace one.

For the Kemper I use specific effects and some transpose settings during a show, so just plugging into whatever Mesa or Peavey provided would be more of a problem.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The KPA changed my life. To follow up on the Japanese gear post above: where I am based, I paid the equivalent of US$4200 for mine and it took 5 months to arrive (I think just recently the wait time and price dropped slightly). People thought I was crazy but I never regretted it one bit; from the 3rd month of tweaking and profile experimentation, I ended up getting gigs mostly based on my tone, the kind of gigs which just one would now pay over a new one. Now I see people here crying over $1500 and I can't believe.

• The KPA changed my life. To follow up on the Japanese gear post above: where I am based, I paid the equivalent of US$4200 for mine and it took 5 months to arrive (I think just recently the wait time and price dropped slightly). People thought I was crazy but I never regretted it one bit; from the 3rd month of tweaking and profile experimentation, I ended up getting gigs mostly based on my tone, the kind of gigs which just one would now pay over a new one. Now I see people here crying over $1500 and I can't believe.

Not sure why you would do that. The Kemper online store has free shipping, and I doubt customs could be 100% anywhere in the world.

For the record, when I bought mine the first time, I paid 50% extra as tax and countervailing duties. Still wasn't close to 4 grand.

• Some international buyers are willing to pay a premium if that's the only way they can get one.

My experience has been the opposite. I bought mine NEW for $1525, so all the sellers on Reverb trying to get $1600+ is crazy to me. It's ppl trying to recoup the costs of the 15,000 profiles they bought.

When I listed my last KPA on Reverb a couple months ago I pretty much only got low-ball offers and there were a LOT of KPAs for sale. Last year, I never had a problem selling a KPA for what I paid.

• It's supply and demand; simple economics. The market for used KPAs exceeds the available supply, hence driving up prices to the point where one may as well buy new. Points to high customer satisfaction and hence the fact that a low percentage of KPA owners actually sell. Those that do are often just those that decide they want a rack instead of a toaster or powered instead of unpowered and vice versa.