Bass Rig with effects (Andertones video)

• Great demo with effects, not sure of the rig guys maybe email them to ask, what a sound IMHO

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I've been a fan of Warwick basses since the Thumb Bass™ came out in the late '80s or early '90s. Roger McLaughlin, a "famous" bass player here down under (you'd know "You're the Voice", Ash; he played those famous lines on that - you know, the fretless?), insisted I have a go on his at his first gig with it when he filled in for the missing bass player in Loose Change 25 years ago or more. Talk about easy-to-play. I wanted one right away, but could never afford it, and ended up becoming wedded to Music Man through a freakish pawn-shop acquisition.

Had I not gone the Music Man route, I'd definitely have ended up with Warwick, and I'd have been very-happy, I reckon. Sensational basses.

• :thumbup: Yup well i have been taking notes on your posts about bass playing its the first thing ill do when i ever get down there to your joint,(get you to play a groove) i played bass at 17, had a 5 string, i was a bass player before a guitarist, every time i think a lick is the shite, or 8 finger sweep tapping will get you "pussy"..i hear a bass groove and man you know what? i just wanna play bass!!

that rig was KILLER on the kemper , the effects i have never heard any thing like it.
    Why dont bass players get chicks? its always the lead guitarist and singer LOL

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The Kemper Rig used a touch wah or velocity-sensitive filter IIRC. I know the Kemper has the former (it's my job to kinda know the wahs LOL), but not sure if there's a VS-filter effect.

Yeah, guitars have too many strings, mate, and that's just the 6-string ones(!). I played bass "professionally" around the same age you played it, and apart from some middle-of-the-road demos in the '90s (very-simple bass parts), I literally haven't played since, so I wouldn't hold my breath for some jivin' grooves when you come to visit. I'm hoping the Löwenbräu in the fridge will satisfy you. If you tell me what to play 'though, I should be able to cop that with a bit of fiddling around. The mojo's all-gone, mate... for all instruments. I have to regain muscle memory (just some of it will do - it's not like I wanna be a virtuoso) once I'm set up to record again. 25 years is a helluva-long time, man. I figure it'll either be shite or OK. As long as the muzak's OK, I'll be happy I reckon, and who wouldn't be after so long?

I gave you my thoughts on the FX (distorted first, obviously, before entering the wah / filter effect), but as far as Rigs go, IMHO when basses sound as good as those Warwicks, you could pretty much pick any bass Rig that has a "full-spectrum" sound to it - clarity and depth - and it should sound great and be versatile-enough to use in almost any music... except AJ's... that might require some serious gain boosting. :D

• Man these guys have got groove. I did not even know WTF groove was until i heard these two MOFO's check the kemper at the end too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash