My Profiler is full

• I trawled the Rig Exchange from day one and stored in My Profiler all the rigs that took my initial fancy - with the intention of undertaking a more discrimination selection process at a later date. My Profiler stopped storing at 1000 stored rigs so I began to delete the ones that I less preferred at that point and now have 560 of the Rig Exchange rigs stored in My Profiler.

My problem is that the Kemper doesn't appear to allow the storage of any more rigs in My Profiler in spite of the whittling down exercise. It won't respond when I attempt this.

Any advice on why this is happening and how it can be overcome, please?

• That's the limit, mate.

Create a new folder in Rig Manager to store 'em. It'll be much-quicker to audition and delete them from there than it would've been on the KPA anyway.

When you're done whittling it'll be time to transfer what's left to the KPA.

Welcome to the forum, Reedy!

• Thanks for responding, Monkey_Man.

How do I create a new folder in Rig Manager? When I click on "Import Rigs" it opens a window on my iMac. I can download rigs into a new folder there. Is that what you meant?

I'm not clear whereabouts on the KPA I could transfer the final selection other than in Local Library.

Surprised that "the limit" for storage remains after the extensive deletions.

• I actually haven't used the app for a year, so I'll have to crank up the ol' Memory Engine™...

Try right-clicking on any folder name in the library or in the Local Library pane if there's empty space; the option should then appear. There might also be an option in the file menu to create one if all else fails.

Just drag-and-drop Rigs to where you'd like to keep them.

To "transfer" Rigs to your KPA, just copy them to the "My Profiler" folder. That one's always there if your KPA is connected and switched-on, and it represents all Rigs stored on the unit. It couldn't be simpler when you think about it.

In your situation, I'd be inclined to use an audition folder. Test the Rigs out from there (double-click to instantiate), and drag the keepers to the "My Profiler" folder. Done!

• Success with "right-clicking on any folder name in the library or in the Local Library pane if there's empty space; the option should then appear."

I have a new folder, thank you.

However when I attempt to copy a Rig from Rig Exchange into it by right clicking "copy" "Import failed. Only Rigs and Performances can be imported." appears when I click "paste" and nothing happens at all when I attempt to drag-and-drop selected Rigs from the Exchange into the new folder.

I'm still baffled as to why the "My Profiler" folder remains seemingly full and unable to accomodate any more.

Further advice?

• The memory space available in the Profiler is shared between rigs and presets. Maybe you have imported a ton of cab and effect presets that now occupy too much space to allow you to import any additional rigs.
    Rig Manager can only host rigs and performances when you try to drag a preset file to it you will receive the error message that you did.

• Hmm... you've got me there, mate; I've not encountered any such restrictions.

I'm on Mac 'though; don't know if that makes a difference.

Have you tried holding down, in Mac's case, "Option" whist drag-and-dropping in order to "duplicate" as opposed to "moving"? Just a thought' 'cause you obviously cannot move a Rig from the exchange to anywhere; only copy.

With other folders you create and populate yourself, it's a different story. Option-dragging Rigs will duplicate them wherever you specify, but simply dragging them will remove them from their current folders to the ones you take them to.

EDIT:
    HJ beat me by the difference between "a minute ago" and "a moment ago", apparently.

• I do appreciate your input but I'm still stuck.

All the imports were from Rig Exchange, categorised "Rig Name", and some were effects presets - possibly 20% numerically.

In order to be able to continue to store new "Rigs" from RE on KPA either in My Profiler or the new folder, what do you advise I should do now, having already deleted 490 of them?

• FWIW A very useful facility right on the KPA is "Erase Non-Favourites" (System-Page 17)
    I've used this a couple of times to clean out my KPA of everything except the ones I really want to keep on it (after doing a backup of course)

I do my backups by creating a new folder in RM (right click on Local Library) and dragging all my rigs from the "My Profiler" folder
    I have a list of backups going back to 2014. Easy Peasy.
    I'm on a Mac too.

• Rig Manager can only be used to backup Rigs and Performances!!! Presets, Snapshots and global settings are exclusively included in a backup of a PROFILER on a USB flash drive. That's what I would call a real backup. I strongly recommend to perform such backups once in a while. It's very easy. And such backups can be mounted in Rig Manager in case you need to recover single Rigs later.

• … and I forgot … in an emergency situation its's much easier to recover your complete setup from a USB stick compared to moving Rigs and Performances around via Rig Manager on a PC or MAC.

• … and I forgot … in an emergency situation its's much easier to recover your complete setup from a USB stick compared to moving Rigs and Performances around via Rig Manager on a PC or MAC.

Yes, good reminder.
    My USB stick is velcroed into the space on my Toaster for when I do my FULL backups.
    It's always there for those "emergencies" which fortunately I have never had in 6 years.

Yes ,, for sure,,, I have a stick velcroed to my Kemper, after every, session,, tweak, or new profile, I do a backup on the stick and stick it to the front, On a gig a power hickup screwed everything up, after a 5 min re load, I was 100% back in business,,

• I think he might be trying to move things to the Profiler instead of the local Library. @Reedy 1 look in Rig Manager and tell us what the numbers are after "Local Library" and after "My Profiler" under the heading All Rigs not All Performances. Thanks

• Thanks to all contributors for your advice and suggestions.

I have burned copious Kemper oil this past week since taking delivery, and have now reduced the number of Rigs Exchange presets in My Profiler to double figures. Its remarkable how the sound differs depending on the guitar being used.

On a positive note, I am pleased to be able report that it is possible to now store new RE presets in My Profiler. There is memory space available again.

I have opened sub-folders in Local Library for each guitar and would wish to move the selected presets from My Profiler each of to such folders.

I'm on Mac. Copy and paste still doesn't work. The "Import failed. Only Rigs and Performances can be imported." notification appears when I attempt this and dragging and dropping into the subfolder has no effect.

I'm clearly not adopting the correct technique. Could someone very kindly take me through the simple steps to achieve this?

@ Zapman - The numbers after "Local Library" are 0 and after "My Profiler" are 86. The number after "All Rigs" is 13872.

Thank you once more.

• Not sure about presets but make a folder under Local Library then copy a couple rigs from My Profiler and try to past them in the new folder. That should work without problems for sure.