Different sound while editing??

• Could some of you test this, not sure if it's already a known problem, or even related to the problem of the sound changing when changing rigs back and forth, but when you're in a patch and hit the Delay switch to edit delay settings on the LCD, while in that edit mode, till you hit Exit, the sound sounds different, not a huge change but definitely different, even before or after you change delay settings, it goes back to normal after you hit Exit, is this how it's supposed to work?

• not sure if it the same thing but for me the volume drops for a couple of seconds when I turn off the delay or rev or even the fx block. normal volume again after about 2 seconds. I've had this for a long time but no-one else seems to recognize it. not a real problem, just weird..

• Could some of you test this, not sure if it's already a known problem, or even related to the problem of the sound changing when changing rigs back and forth, but when you're in a patch and hit the Delay switch to edit delay settings on the LCD, while in that edit mode, till you hit Exit, the sound sounds different, not a huge change but definitely different, even before or after you change delay settings, it goes back to normal after you hit Exit, is this how it's supposed to work?

I can assure you that there is no chance of this happening by just switching to the DELAY EDIT page and back.

• not sure if it the same thing but for me the volume drops for a couple of seconds when I turn off the delay or rev or even the fx block. normal volume again after about 2 seconds. I've had this for a long time but no-one else seems to recognize it. not a real problem, just weird..

I have measured an increased latency after turning off the delay for approx. 2 seconds. Maybe its related? I do not notice a volume drop though.

• I can assure you that there is no chance of this happening by just switching to the DELAY EDIT page and back.

Wel I'm hearing it, so it is happening on my unit, maybe not everyone has the problem that's why I've asked, I will test some more by recording it.

• Wel I'm hearing it, so it is happening on my unit, maybe not everyone has the problem that's why I've asked, I will test some more by recording it.

The signal processor is located on a different PCB in the housing. There is no communication between DSP and main processor about which page is being displayed in the LCD. That's why I am so sure. But nevertheless, if you can hear something, you might can record it somehow, best case via SPDIF?
    Timo

• The signal processor is located on a different PCB in the housing. There is no communication between DSP and main processor about which page is being displayed in the LCD. That's why I am so sure. But nevertheless, if you can hear something, you might can record it somehow, best case via SPDIF?
    Timo

Thanks for the info Timo, and if it's like you say them it makes no sense for the sound to be different by entering Edit mode, I'm traveling right now, but will be back home in a couple days and will record it via S/PDIF, to verify it.