Clean sense high

• Yes, Clean Sens 3-6 is normal for a Strat. Overall we feel that people put too much emphasis on Clean Sens. It's not that important. You can always adjust Rig volume and gain to your needs.

• Yes, Clean Sens 3-6 is normal for a Strat. Overall we feel that people put too much emphasis on Clean Sens. It's not that important. You can always adjust Rig volume and gain to your needs.

That's what I do, too. I don't care about clean and distortion sens. Both at zero, locked.

I use the rig volume knob for rig volume :D I think it's named rig volume knob to do that.

Beside my jems and the Gibsons I own a strat. And for the strat I use special tweaked strat profiles. It makes no sense to me, to use the humbucker rigs which I created for the guita s for the strat. The strat is too different from the othr guitars and it had this special sound.

• Yes, Clean Sens 3-6 is normal for a Strat. Overall we feel that people put too much emphasis on Clean Sens. It's not that important. You can always adjust Rig volume and gain to your needs

That's what I used to do, however the manual and the tutorials advise using clean sense!

• And you can, but sometimes it feels like people getting paralyzed. It's not worth it!

I don't see how you can avoid it, if you want to use the same rigs with different guitars?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You can have different clean sense adjustments for different guitars, or have specific profiles for different guitars, which I prefer. After all you may have specific performances set up for particular guitars, and you may adjust the rig volume accordingly. And some dirty profiles clean up differently depending on the pickups used.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I don't see how you can avoid it, if you want to use the same rigs with different guitars?

I tweak the rigs for different guitars instead of changing the input settings. I save one with a HB and the other as SC or something like that. Or they are in sets corresponding to which guitar I'll use. The biggest difference being say vintage Strat pickups to SD Slash HBs. Way more ways to dial in guitars this way than the "sense" settings.

Learn to Swim

• I tweak the rigs for different guitars instead of changing the input settings. I save one with a HB and the other as SC or something like that. Or they are in sets corresponding to which guitar I'll use. The biggest difference being say vintage Strat pickups to SD Slash HBs. Way more ways to dial in guitars this way than the "sense" settings.

Agreed. While tweaking a rig it makes sense to have the sense dialed in correctly (meaning clean gain levels are identical in volume to high gain levels) so you dont have to tweak volume levels when changing gain levels.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I've got another question.

There's another volume control in the amplifier stack if you hold down the amp button.

What's that for? Is that where you adjust the volume if you get a rig that's way too loud?

• I've got another question.

There's another volume control in the amplifier stack if you hold down the amp button.

What's that for? Is that where you adjust the volume if you get a rig that's way too loud?

There are many ways to skin a cat but generally yes. Use amp volume to balance between rigs.

• I'm lowering distortion sens on my Wolfgang with high output passive pickups; almost in a way like the -10db pad input on a lot of amps. I found that to be the case when I play through clean profiles with it and it overdrives the "input gain stage" or whatever Kemper wants to call that.

I'll be sure to check out what increasing the clean sens does on my Strat though, I had left that default originally!