Disappearing Profiles [Resolved for now]

• Twice over the past couple of weeks I’ve had much loved (and tweaked) profiles disappear from Favorites and All Rigs. (I still have the originals in RM.). Since upgrading to the 5.6.2 beta, I’ve also experienced two system crashes. I frankly don’t know for sure that these were the rigs I was using when the crashes occurred, but it’s not unlikely. I’ll submit a ticket to support but wanted to see a) if anyone else has had this problem and b) if there’s an obvious thing I’m missing here. Thanks!

• I heard back from support (very quickly, I might add). They asked, understandably, whether the rigs might not have just disappeared from Favorites but not from All Rigs. Unfortunately, they disappeared entirely from the latter. (I should probably check to see that they weren't somehow renamed in a very different way.) Truly odd!

• Yeah, that was the obvious question, but I noticed that you specified in the OP that it had "disappeared from Favorites and All Rigs".

Sorry, I've got nothin', and neither, it seems, has anyone else. This is likely because this sort of thing doesn't happen without some sort of "user error" somewhere along the line, and example of which might be that renaming you mentioned, in which case they'd still be there but tricker to track down. Maybe start with looking for character strings you recall having used lately in renaming?

• Support suggested I send a backup of the system from before I manually restored one or both of the missing rigs, which unfortunately I don't have. I've been thinking user error may play a role in this, but here's the funny thing. When I opened RM last night to set up some performances for an upcoming gig, the 'lost' rigs were there under their original names, earlier in the chronologically-ordered list of rigs than their replacements. It's as though something happened--perhaps during the freeze-ups, perhaps not--to rename/reorder the rigs without actually erasing them. At this point I'm just going to soldier on and hope that it doesn't happen again.