Digitech Freqout !!!

• An onboard effect like the Freqout would really be a huge leap forward in making the KPA a true all encompassing amp/cab replacement (I just bought one and will receive in the next few days).

Now I think about it, maybe it shouldnt be thought of as an "effect" for the Kemper, but as more of a core amp/cab/guitar interaction that Kemper has been missing. The phenomenal amp profiling feature of the KPA was game changing, but imo the addition of a feedback feature similar to what the Freqout does would truly make it the perfect no cab solution for both direct recording and live work.

Using inears without stage monitoring - I definitely miss the cab/guitar interaction and this could be the solution. Excited to have a play with it!

Visit Greenblobs band at www.PenroseBand.com

Edited once, last by greenblob: *my original post with questions about the Digitech Freqout moved to "Other Gear" section. Sorry about that! ().

• Now I think about it, maybe it shouldnt be thought of as an "effect" for the Kemper, but as more of a core amp/cab/guitar interaction that Kemper has been missing.

But... it's not. It's an effect, plain-and-simple.

IMHO, "true" feedback approximation would involve behaviour modelling and take a lot of work to code, whereas, AFAIK, this particular implementation is pitch-shift / tone-synthesis-based, a different kettle of fish altogether.

• For sure. I totally agree the digitech implementation is totally a synthetic effect, (at a guess its basically a tailored Pog/Whammy), but my thought was maybe Kemper could implement a similar, but much better performing style of this with all the extra information the KPA has at any given moment (Input signal, specific profile gain, boost/distortion in the effects blocks, cabinet response in use, compression, sag settings, etc etc etc).

I feel they have alot ov the information to make a genuinely convincing cab and guitar interaction sim and imo, it would elevate the already amazing KPA to an even higher level.

Everything on the Kemper is a sim of some kind, so I just think something like the Freqout onboard could make it even better!

• Oh, I agree, mate.

As I said, "true feedback approximation would involve behaviour modelling and take a lot of work to code", so it'd be quite a commitment for the team to implement, I reckon.

Of course, it they somehow nailed it, it'd be something of another first for the KPA. 8)