For those using a patch panel with their rig;

• Did you shield the connectors of the back side of the panel? Is it necessary ?

In the process of building a patch panel now. It will go front side under my kemper rack - so it shouldn't come in contact with anything in general. I am curious if they needed to be shielded or heat shrunk.

Many thanks

• I designed a raspberrypi controlled multiplexer -- kind of like a patch panel (8 inputs and 8 outputs, all programmable) and didn't shield anything. I haven't noted any crosstalk or hum as long as I keep the cover on. Be warned though, even a small gap in the aluminum cover worsened hum.

• Did you shield the connectors of the back side of the panel? Is it necessary ?

In the process of building a patch panel now. It will go front side under my kemper rack - so it shouldn't come in contact with anything in general. I am curious if they needed to be shielded or heat shrunk.

Many thanks

No. Additionally, I did not connect the patch panel metal to earth ground through the power connector either. I was concerned that I might create a ground loop between the Kemper and the things I connect the Kemper to.

I have no noise in my unit.

The primary purpose of my patch panel was to quickly setup and tear down from gigs. I also took the opportunity to put a Ethercon connector on the other end of the foot controller which gives me a more secure connection to the Kemper as well.

I currently have:

• Power (standard IDC)
    • L/R XLR output
    • 1/4" Monitor output
    • Foot controller input
    • USB

It makes for a pretty quick and easy setup.