FRFR for Bass and Guitar

• I use my Ampig profiles through a Mission 2x12 FRFR and it is bliss....Just turn the empower option down a bit and you're perfect...Better than most bass rigs...

Matt,

I'm assuming this is for a 4-string bass only, right? The freq response for those cabs is only down to 80 Hz, so you'd be missing most of the B string and it's first harmonic on a 5 string bass.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I use a Barefaced "Big Baby 2" as my FRFR cab, it has 12" driver and my 5-string bass sounds awesome. I very often have to cut the low's to stop my B-string from gettng carried away, it needs very a light touch.

• I use a Barefaced "Big Baby 2" as my FRFR cab, it has 12" driver and my 5-string bass sounds awesome. I very often have to cut the low's to stop my B-string from gettng carried away, it needs very a light touch.

That looks pretty killer. Do you ONLY play bass through it, or is it an FRFR that can handle guitar, as well? I know the specs say it can handle a nice broad spectrum, but I couldn't find any freqeuency response plots on the website. :(

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• That looks pretty killer. Do you ONLY play bass through it, or is it an FRFR that can handle guitar, as well? I know the specs say it can handle a nice broad spectrum, but I couldn't find any freqeuency response plots on the website. :(

Sorry, only bass but I do run a recently purchased BeatBuddy in the rear inputs and it sounds great, both kicks & cymbals. I have the horn full on, that is the whole point of using an FRFR cab.

Whilst I use Cab IR's including a whole host of 8x10 cabs etc. I do find that if I turn off the Rigs Cab , so I get the "true" Barefaced sound, it always sounds very HiFi in comparison and the bass extension is "always" considerably more, this is no matter what Cab sim I use and I have hundreds from 1x12 to 1x18 to 2x10 to 8x10 & more.

I actually have two of these Baby's with the toaster on top. (No wife, No kids, so I gotta spend my money on my hobby before you ask. It's also my reward for having such a cra**y job)