Dual/Triple rectifier, TS9pro plus OD, Cannibal Corpse/Death metal tone.

• hey ive been looking around trying to find my perfect idea of death metal tone. I recently saw cannibal corpse live and they are using triple rectifiers with emg pickups and a maxon ts9 pro plus OD pedal. it was the must crushing and insane tone ive ever heard in my life. and i HAVE to get a profile that sounds like that. if anyone has a triple rec and a ts9pro plus, and can try to get that tone, and profile it. i will be forever grateful. im just trying to find a tone to jam with in my room, im not trying to use this tone to record.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Ola englund posted a video of the gear he used for a CC cover and showed the exact settings for the ts9. the tone he replicated in the video is exactly what im looking for.

• I just recently uploaded two Dual Rectifier / OD808 (clone) / Mesa 4x12 Vintage 30's / SM57 metal profiles to the Rig Exchange.

Checkout this thread for more info:

Free Mesa Dual Rectifier / OD808 / V30 / SM57 / BAE1073 MP modern down-tuned metal high gain profile

The first track of the demo clips (with "SM57x" in the name) is close to Ola's tone, imo. The guitar tone you hear on the clip is bone dry, directly taken out from the KPA's STACK output. No post-processing (EQ / reverb / whatever) on the rhythm guitar tracks other than a limiter and a bus compressor on the mix bus.

Edited once, last by RiF ().

• I just recently uploaded two Dual Rectifier / OD808 (clone) / Mesa 4x12 Vintage 30's / SM57 metal profiles to the Rig Exchange.

Checkout this thread for more info:

Free Mesa Dual Rectifier / OD808 / V30 / SM57 / BAE1073 MP modern down-tuned metal high gain profile

The first track of the demo clips (with "SM57x" in the name) is close to Ola's tone, imo. The guitar tone you hear on the clip is bone dry, directly taken out from the KPA's STACK output. No post-processing (EQ / reverb / whatever) on the rhythm guitar tracks other than a limiter and a bus compressor on the mix bus.

OP, for a free profile, I am not sure that you can do much better than this. Give it a try and let us know what you think? It might help to run EMGs as well, but anything modern/high-output should do alright.

'

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.