wierd heart stopping behaviour(potentially solved)

• Hi all
    Last night the kemper started behaving very strangely.

My rig:
    unpowered rack 5.5.2
    Remote
    2x mission pedals (wah and pitch)
    1x moog pedal (volume)
    samson power conditioner
    rcf frfr powered monitor.
    line 6 wireless.
    Not connected to rig manager.

At a random point not following any switching or pedal activation the wah seemed to lock and chorus effect seemed to have gone to an extreme setting causing detuning.Rocking the wah ( mine is set to off at heel) did not help .
    Interestingly the activated wah effect was also present on a rig that does not have wah in any of the slots
    Switching rigs in the performance and switching to another performance altogether did not cure the issue.
    Rebooting (half way during a gig) did not solve problem.
    In desperation I unplugged the pedals....still no solution
    I replugged the pedals and all was fine again....just like that!
    I would really appreciate any insight as to what might have happened so as to avoid the heart stopping and frankly highly akward and embarassing situation of having to power down and reboot, fiddle with cables etc half way during a gig.

First time this amazing piece of technology made me doubt it's reliability in a live situation.

Thanks in advance

• Some symptoms that you describe can be explained with a defective TRS cable to the expression pedal controlling wah or a defect of the pedal itself. You can check where the bar representing the level of the Wah Pedal controller stands on page Pedal Links in the System Settings. While your pedal rests in heel position and you hear the wah effect is the bar really at minimum and the value at the bottom really 0?

I have no explanation for an audible wah effect not present in the current Rig ... other than locking, but then you see it. In such a scenario, what if you store that Rig to your Browse Pool and test it then? Is this an issue of Performance Mode, particular Performances?

• @Burkhard

I checked the pedals.
    The bar is at 0 in heel position, so the cause of the problem is evidently something else.
    I'm guessing it might be oxidisation , dirt or perhaps humidity causing an intermittent faulty contact in the trs sockets on the remote.This would explain why unplugging and replugging cables fixed the problem.

Glad to say I had another gig in the very same climatic conditions ( hot dusty and humid ) and all units performed flawlessly.I took the precaution of plugging and unplugging all cables before the gig so to clear any bad contact and it seems to do the trick.
    As to hearing cocked wah on rigs with no wah, I'm completely at a loss as it seems to be technically impossible.My only explanation is that the panic that set in when things went south caused my ears/brain to hear things that were not there.A scary but sobering lesson on perception and confirmation bias.

Perhaps this little thread will be of use to others who come across a similar issue

Ill change thread to potentially solved

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

• Have you observed 0 during the error scenario or while everything has been working as expected? I think, we want to figure out what happens while the issue is present.

I doubt an issue of the socket in the Remote or has perhaps fluid leaked into the Remote? In any case you could connect your expression pedal for Wah to another PEDAL socket. There are four and not each will have the same hardware issue.

Try to set all PEDAL sockets not in use to "off". Remote and PROFILER.

How is Pedal Mode set in all the wah effects in question? Is it at "Bypass @ Stop" or perhaps "On" or perhaps "Touch"?

Is anything locked? Do you use locks in Browser Mode? Do you use locks in Performance Mode?

• Hi
    When the issue occurred during a live performance I did not check if pedal at heel was at 0.
    Later when everything was working as it should I did check and pedal at heel was indeed at 0.
    No fluid leaked into remote , however weather was very hot and humid ( around 40c and 95% humidity )

pedal mode is bypass@heel.

lock is on for stomps and effects in all rigs of performances and browser mode