Fix the Low and Mids lost Frequncies for Direct Amp Profiling

• I have kind of given up on this whole discussion because of how unwilling people are to really listen and think despite actual evidence proving what we're trying to say.

I wish this discussion could be had without people getting defensive about the Kemper.

All we're doing is trying to spot a problem and solve it.

But fandom can make people cover their ears. X/

However, I'm still prepared to laugh at the "skeptics" once a new Kemper (or even firmware update?) with improved profiling process comes out. ^^

• Are you reffering to some issue with direct profiling in some circumstances or profiling in general?

The bonanza

• Have you been in contact with support or ckemper about this?

• No I have not, and right now I dont even have any physical amps to profile anyway, so I cannot do any tests.

But back when I DID have amps I was seldom 100% satisfied with the results. There was always some small differences compared to the real amp no matter how many times I re-profiled and used the "refine" button.

I always had to use very specific post-EQ tweaks to get it closer to the real amp I profiled.

With that I mean like +1 db boosts at very specific frequencies.

And not uncommon in the EQ areas that SQUAREHEAD mentions

Especially the low-mid

• Clearly you should work with support in case you should do profiling again.

If there’s a shortcoming Kemper is determined to scrutinize it.

• Pretty much every DI I use even from paid packs is lacking significant low end thump.

Guitar > Kemper Powerhead > Mesa Cab

I don’t get it. My real amps don’t sound or feel that way. I pretty much have to add an EQ to every DI and add at least 5dB to low gain minimum.

Something doesn’t seem right...

• Pretty much every DI I use even from paid packs is lacking significant low end thump.

Guitar > Kemper Powerhead > Mesa Cab

I don’t get it. My real amps don’t sound or feel that way. I pretty much have to add an EQ to every DI and add at least 5dB to low gain minimum.

Something doesn’t seem right...

Direct amp profiles don't generally have the cabinet resonance as they are taken before the cab. This will need to be added to those that don't. A few do.

• Direct amp profiles don't generally have the cabinet resonance as they are taken before the cab. This will need to be added to those that don't. A few do.

But he's running into a Mesa cab. Why wouldn't the DI profile "trigger" the same cab reaction as a real amp would? Doesn't sound right.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• But he's running into a Mesa cab. Why wouldn't the DI profile "trigger" the same cab reaction as a real amp would? Doesn't sound right.

Its based on interaction of the power amp and speaker.

By tweaking what? Adding a post EQ or increasing bass in the output menu?

It varies from cabinet, speaker and amp.

Try a very high q mid band parametric eq around 150hz raised as high as needed.

• Its based on interaction of the power amp and speaker.

And I assume you are saying that the power amp in the Kemper doesn't do this?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Not in the same way a tube amp would. Demoing both ways side by side there’s a clear low end difference and feel with a tube power amp vs. the powerhead.

Yes guitarguy, the ‘feel’ is another big part of it. That ‘nice light bounce’ that you feel from a tube amplifier is not replicated through the Powered Kemper with 4x12 cab.