how to scroll specific effects only in MOD DLY and REV

• I find it odd and user unfriedly when i select delay or reverb under the effects part ,
    that i am able to scroll trough all the fx like distortion

i dont get it why u should use distortion fx under the DLY tab :s

How am i able to see under DLY only the delay type fx ?

Thx

• The DLY Module had been restricted to delay effects in the past. Based on user requests it has been "liberalized" with software revision 5.x. Many users want to use the DLY module flexibly. At the same time they would like to use delay effects in other modules e. g. pre amplifier.

We are in the process to prepare the same flexibility for the REV module, which is currently still restricted to reverb effects. And new reverb types will be available in all modules soon.

There are still some reasons to first consider the modules MOD, DLY, and REV for their associated, but it is no hard limitation anymore.

Please be aware of the difference between selecting effects via presets (BROWSE knob) versus effect types (TYPE knob). It doesn't take lonk to scroll through the list of effect types. The list of presets can be shortened by deleting presets that you don't need.

• I still wish that Mod, Delay and Reverb at least start at those positions in the list of effects.
    That’s great that they can be anything but it also makes sense that they could at least start with how they are likely to be used instead of always starting back at the top of the list.

The endless scrolling is my least favorite thing about the Kemper

These profiles go to 11!

• IIRC it was implied or stated in June that the entire FX system was undergoing an overhaul / structural rethink of sorts.

Given that the company would surely be aware of our "endless-scrolling" beef, I'd like to think that this issue will be tackled as a part of any restructuring that might take place.

• … and again it makes a big difference if you scroll through a long list of effect presets with BROWSE or through the relatively short list of effect types with TYPE.

If you just need a particular effect type and want to manually enter the parameters anyhow, use TYPE. And regarding effect presets …. delete those you will never use. You can optimize the list of effect presets to your needs. The list of effect types is hard-coded - no effect can get lost.

• @Burkhard the easiest most logical short term solution I can think of is to combine the Type and Browse knobs. i.e. use the Type knob to select effect type THEN allow manual input as currently OR start turning browse knob to scroll through presets for the already selected TYPE. As the annoying little mearcats in the TV ad used to say “simples” ;)

Another quick thought; if Rig Manager had the ability to save presets independently of full rigs we could back up PRESETS and delete everything we don’t need from the KPA but still be able to audition effects and reload them late if required.

• When I scroll rapidly in the effects section, it freezes and the profiler shuts down!
    Does this happen to anyone else.

Thanks
    TD

• Any update for this topic ? I got the last system update (6) and I didn't find any way to jump quickly from a preset to another one. If you begin from the chorus section and want to reach the reverb, even by using the rig buttons it takes a little while. Could we, at least, consider selecting the first letter to avoid scrolling endlessly ?

Edited once, last by graoully ().

• OS 6.0 doesn't include any changes in this regard. OS 7.0 will. In 7.0 it will be possible to scroll the list by preset, by type, and by category. There are 14 categories, so these are big jumps.