any date for the new Kemper reverb please?

• I guessed that ;)

But you never know. I regularly hear demos of profiles and/or effects pedals (particularly in the P&W genre) with so much reverb I wonder how they can ever be used in a mix. That’s probably a function of my lack of effects experience though.

Some of these guys in P&W have so much Reverb, you can barely hear the note / chord itself… It’s just a lot to get used to when you are asked to play with these tones… I don’t really like it at all…

• I’m one of those P&W guys (I play a little bit of everything actually) and I LOVE IT!

That’s why, even though combining the current Reverbs with the new Delays gets me there already, I’m really looking forward the new Reverbs. But you can get AMAZING sounds right now if you take the time to tweak the FX in the Kemper.

• I’m one of those P&W guys (I play a little bit of everything actually) and I LOVE IT!

That’s why, even though combining the current Reverbs with the new Delays gets me there already, I’m really looking forward the new Reverbs. But you can get AMAZING sounds right now if you take the time to tweak the FX in the Kemper.

I don’t mean to be anti P&W or people that use lots of reverb in general. Each to their own. If it works for the person using it then it works; end of story. It’s all just personal taste and totally subjective. I can’t handle it, but I fully accept that is more of a reflection on me than a criticism of anyone who does use lots of reverb and/or delay to create their own vision of the perfect sound.

If you “LOVE IT”that is all that matters. Keep rockin’ those reverbs for all they’re worth :)

• I don’t mean to be anti P&W or people that use lots of reverb in general. Each to their own. If it works for the person using it then it works; end of story. It’s all just personal taste and totally subjective. I can’t handle it, but I fully accept that is more of a reflection on me than a criticism of anyone who does use lots of reverb and/or delay to create their own vision of the perfect sound.
    If you “LOVE IT”that is all that matters. Keep rockin’ those reverbs for all they’re worth :)

No worries :-).

I too agree that too much Reverb/Delay can be a horrible sound, especially if you think back to a lot of the music from the 80’s. But if you do it with taste, you can still have lots of FX, still hear the guitar perfectly fine, AND make it sound great! It’s all about how you tweak it. But I guess it can be a sound some people may not like at all.

Example of something that is drenched in FX and sounds awesome, IMO:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I too agree that too much Reverb/Delay can be a horrible sound, especially if you think back to a lot of the music from the 80’s. But if you do it with taste, you can still have lots of FX, still hear the guitar perfectly fine, AND make it sound great! It’s all about how you tweak it.

Also, it's probably worth noting that some 'verb algorithms are super-forgiving in this regard, and will therefore afford you an expanded range within which you could set your send level and be happy with it in a mix context.

The only ones I can think of that're renowned for this quality are... anything from Lexicon.

• A little bummed today. Another Monday, and no release (I guess I assume that either Monday or Friday would be the day a new firmware would drop).

Still waiting ..... as patiently as possible ;)

• A little bummed today. Another Monday, and no release (I guess I assume that either Monday or Friday would be the day a new firmware would drop).

On the other hand, every day that goes by gives me hope that there will be some new surprises in the next update beyond the reverbs. At this point, it's been like 3 months since they demoed the new verbs at summer Namm, with them not sounding glitchy or anything then. But, if they've been developing some other enhancements, that would better explain the wait.

• My guess is that once they’re released, there’ll be a sizeable amount of sceptics ready to put them down. You know who I mean, the “Kemper’s great but the FX suck” gang. If Kemper releases them with any bugs whatsoever, I foresee a sh*tstorm. However, if they turn out to be as great as we all hope they are, then there’ll be no more excuses, the game is done.

Well, apart from the editor gang... ;)

Be positive. Everyday is closer to release. ;)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I gave up on waiting and hopes and dreams today and ordered the new Neunaber Immerse Mk II. This probably means the new reverbs will drop tomorrow.

I got it here
    I keep it until the released the reverb
    LOL
    But I can get good ambiant with the Kemper too and without my Neunaber
    So I will experiment more before i decide

• Perhaps CK is keeping this for a Christmas present? That seems like an eternity right now :(

I am going to guess that we will have it by the end of this month. At least that is what I am going to tell myself this month to get me to next month :)