any date for the new Kemper reverb please?

• Making the verb general in any slot (or more than one) is definitely more difficult than adding new algorithms to the existing slot.

This was also true of the revamp of the delay engine.

This will be a very big update for me.

• On a more realistic level, I believe the wait has something to do with the reorganisation of the effects blocks. Up until now, the Reverb block has been fixed, as was the delay block before they updated them, and if you notice, the delays only spill over if they’re in the actual Delay block.

That's a very reasonable argument.

I also read that the database structure has to be changed again.

I remember the last time that some time passed until this worked fine.

Kemper is certainly well advised to invest enough time in the test phase than to be pressed to hurry.

If you already need the reverb, you can achieve very appealing results with the existing beta version.

• Someone please make sense of this:

Today I ordered a Big Sky, a Timeline, a Zuma, four Mogami-cables and a pull-out rack shelf.

I almost made it. Damnit!!! ? ?

Brilliant! Don't know what/or if you take back-up of some sort to a kemper gig...but if I know I have a dirt pedal and a delay I will manage! It's not dead money even if these reverbs are phenomenal!! And stuff is cool.

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Ah, the modern western world curse. I'm impatient, I want it now, I want/expect instant satisfaction.

I bet you're fun at parties.

The point is, the Kemper is great as is. However, with this release being teased for over 3 months now, I don't think a request for an update is unreasonable seeing as the price of admission is pretty steep and you 'buy in' to the product development life cycle.

• I bet you're fun at parties.

The point is, the Kemper is great as is. However, with this release being teased for over 3 months now, I don't think a request for an update is unreasonable seeing as the price of admission is pretty steep and you 'buy in' to the product development life cycle.

How can you tell Kemper teased us?

3 months may be a long life cycle for other manufacturers but not for Kemper.

A request for an update is of course allowed, but as experience shows, it's quite pointless.

It comes when it comes and you already save your nerves when you give it up.

Don't know any manufacturer who is impressed by this kind of request.

• Spring Reverb was THE most glaring omission from the reverbs on the KPA. Now that it's here I'm personally not all that interested in the other spacey verbs that were demoed. I'd rather have ring mod. It's the one pedal I have to add to my Kemper setup.

• Spring Reverb was THE most glaring omission from the reverbs on the KPA. Now that it's here I'm personally not all that interested in the other spacey verbs that were demoed. I'd rather have ring mod. It's the one pedal I have to add to my Kemper setup.

I NEVER use a Spring Reverb anymore, didn’t even bother installing the beta, and yet I wouldn’t dismiss it just because I’m not interested in it. Your “most glaring omission” is another person’s “personally not interested” feature. See? It goes both ways. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks! :)

• I think the point was that the Kemper aims to replicate the sound of tube amps, many of which have in-built spring reverb tanks which contribute a great deal to the sound. In that sense, not having a spring reverb was a glaring omission. Not having “spacey reverbs” isn’t, as far as the core technology and patent that the Kemper is based on goes.

• I think the point was that the Kemper aims to replicate the sound of tube amps, many of which have in-built spring reverb tanks which contribute a great deal to the sound. In that sense, not having a spring reverb was a glaring omission. Not having “spacey reverbs” isn’t, as far as the core technology and patent that the Kemper is based on goes.

Totally understand that.

But those “spacey reverbs“ (as he calls them) are part of the announced new Reverbs update, and there are probably people like myself who don’t really care for the Spring Reverb type. But just because I don’t care for it doesn’t make it less important for others, and THAT was my point.

I try to put myself into people’s shoes before I make a comment. Unfortunately, VERY few people do this and don’t take into account other people’s wants/needs.

I was going to post these very same thoughts so thank you for saving me all that typing. When modeling Fender Reverb amps the ommision of spring reverb was glaring. I've hung out at the effects forums on TGP and the old HC. I'm well aware of how some guitarists cannot live without lush/space/shimmer reverbs. If that's your thing then I would think you already have a pedal (or three) that does those type of reverbs. Hopefully the Kemper reverbs can replace those pedals. Personally (and I use that term to state that it's just my opinion so don't get butthurt if your opinion is different), I waited to buy the Kemper because it was missing Spring Reverb. Once i saw the beta demo i pulled the trigger.

• I was going to post these very same thoughts so thank you for saving me all that typing. When modeling Fender Reverb amps the ommision of spring reverb was glaring. I've hung out at the effects forums on TGP and the old HC. I'm well aware of how some guitarists cannot live without lush/space/shimmer reverbs. If that's your thing then I would think you already have a pedal (or three) that does those type of reverbs. Hopefully the Kemper reverbs can replace those pedals. Personally (and I use that term to state that it's just my opinion so don't get butthurt if your opinion is different), I waited to buy the Kemper because it was missing Spring Reverb. Once i saw the beta demo i pulled the trigger.

It’s not about being “butthurt“, it’s about respecting other people’s wishes. But you definitely missed that point.

Also, it’s interesting how you think that people wanting those types of “spacey” Reverbs, which is funny to me since sound doesn’t have a medium to propagate in space (but I digress), would already own a pedal (“or three”) covering those types of Reverb, yet you couldn’t bring yourself into buying a Kemper until the Spring Reverb beta firmware was released. That means that you would probably be on the same boat as the rest of us right about now. Hmmm... Of course, I suspect you’ll deny, deny, deny. But whatever, lol.

In any case, I’m sure team Kemper are doing their best to get us the full blown Reverb update. I simply wished they didn’t teased us with samples of them until it was MUCH closer to being released. As you may or may not know, a Reverb update has been highly requested by users since way before I got my first one in 2015. It’s only natural to be a little impatient, but I still fully and thoroughly enjoy both of my Kempers.

• I’ve come to this conclusion, my Kemper is the most amazing thing out there for giving me a massive amount of real tube amp guitar tones. That being said, I simply no longer expect thier effects to be anything quite frankly, usable, on a normal basis. That doesn’t mean that some of them are not good, as they are. But most of them are mediocre at best. So I think expecting them to compete with the likes of fractal when it comes to effects, it’s probably just not realistic. Maybe that will change in the future, and I think it would be absolutely great if it did, but today, it’s simply nowhere near the case.

I recently purchased the Helix HX Effects, and although I’ve gone through some challenges getting it set up to work optimally with my Kemper, I think I’ve got all that sort it out at this point. I have to tell you, the thing is absolutely wonderful, and using it with the Kemper, it truly spectacular.

• I’ve come to this conclusion, my Kemper is the most amazing thing out there for giving me a massive amount of real tube amp guitar tones. That being said, I simply no longer expect thier effects to be anything quite frankly, usable, on a normal basis. That doesn’t mean that some of them are not good, as they are. But most of them are mediocre at best. So I think expecting them to compete with the likes of fractal when it comes to effects, it’s probably just not realistic. Maybe that will change in the future, and I think it would be absolutely great if it did, but today, it’s simply nowhere near the case.

I recently purchased the Helix HX Effects, and although I’ve gone through some challenges getting it set up to work optimally with my Kemper, I think I’ve got all that sort it out at this point. I have to tell you, the thing is absolutely wonderful, and using it with the Kemper, it truly spectacular.

Can you be more specific about which effects you are using in the Line6 that are better than in the Kemper? Is it mainly drives? Reverbs? Both?
    I'm quite curious about the HX Effects and that Helix Stomp thing.

• please open a separate thread in "Other Gear" in case there is no such thread already present.

Sure, apologies, Don. It's just that when I had a Helix, the only effect that I felt I couldn't get close enough to within the KPA was the UniVibe model. I'm curious to see what the fuss is about, whether it's just a case of the models being more familiar in their parameters and presets, or if it's the thrill of the new.

• I simply no longer expect thier effects to be anything quite frankly, usable, on a normal basis. (...) most of them are mediocre at best.

Rolling my eyes at this. Wondering which gig you are playing where Kemper effects aren't cutting it, really. ?(

I've been doing my share of long 30+ songs songlists / 2-hour concerts only with Kemper + remote + 1/2 expression pedal and I figure that once it's well thought out, carrying more stuff is redundant and just not worth it. It even covers tone for acoustic/classical. Adding some external effect like HX could imo be mostly useful to get more room in the post stack section so that one could have more stereo modulation/delays/reverb options but even some of those reverbs effects people are impatiently waiting for can be achieved to some extent by the delays already present (which are already great.)

• I started this post many months ago full of hope for 2018

Now i think we wont see any reverb before mid 2019

But thats Ok I got my neunaber Immerse...

May buy a Big Sky

You know ...

I need to record and sounds good NOW not in mid 2019