How connect Kemper with Audio card

• Hi All

I am a beginner and started to use KPA with headphone: Marvelous! <3<3<3
    Now I want to connect it with audio card and try to use Headphone on
    Audio card: I am loosing a lot of details than direct headphone connection!
    The audio card is a scarlett 212i 2th generation (no spdif) and the Main outputs of
    KPA are connected on input 2 channels (Stereo) of Scarlet and I am using
    DAW Reaper: what is wrong ?
    Why the sound is so bad ?
    I use sound card for backtracks and play with KPA on headphone.
    That I know someone use the out of headphone for connect it on audio card
    so to use Space KPA effect of headphone: is this the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your support !

Rock on :thumbup:

• The difference you are experiencing is probably due to the fact that the audio interface uses converters and a headphone amp that have a lower quality compared to the PROFILER. My advice would be to invest in a better quality audio interface.

• The difference you are experiencing is probably due to the fact that the audio interface uses converters and a headphone amp that have a lower quality compared to the PROFILER. My advice would be to invest in a better quality audio interface.

In fact the KPA audio out quality of Headphone is crazy and seem be like loose a lot with audio card....the converter is a 24bit 192khz but probably is not so good as on KPA.......Now the problem is which one ....(when for a Kemper audio card ?.... :P )

Thank you ! :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Farko63 ().

• There are many good sounding audio interfaces on the market. I made good experiences with brands like Universal Audio, Apogee, RME and MOTU.
    If you want to buy a new one make sure that it offers coaxial S/PDIF i/o.

• The advise from hjscheffler is spot on, a better audio interface with coaxial S/PDIF i/o will solve the quality problem.

I have an 18i8 G1 and my sound is great (but with S/PDIF).
    But for now a few tips to make sure you have the best quality now with your scarlett 2i2:
    - set the 2i2 input to line
    - make sure you do not clip (stay in solid green), if the signal is still to hot, use the "Main Out -12 dB: setting in the KPA Output menu.
    - play on the KPA with pure cab on/off and the panorama option.
    - Also if you use the Focusrite mixer, is the sound muted?

• Hi Duckman

On 212 I had set on Input line ch 1 and ch 2
    Gain at the middle and led only green.
    If I use 212 mixer and set to direct monitor on, the sound is ok (but in mono),
    vice versa is mute: For this I use daw for send the ch 1 to left and ch2 on right and
    I use direct monitoring off.
    I'll try to set on KPA Pure Cab off and I'll check if sound will improve.
    Thank you !

Ciao :thumbup:

• If you are going in through two inputs and getting mono in the cans - make sure you pan those two inputs (1 & 2) far left and far right respectively in your audio interface mix app. There may simply be an option to declare those inputs a stereo pair which would achieve the same result.

• If you are going in through two inputs and getting mono in the cans - make sure you pan those two inputs (1 & 2) far left and far right respectively in your audio interface mix app. There may simply be an option to declare those inputs a stereo pair which would achieve the same result.

Hi Antipodes

212 have only a little app for set latency and sample frequency....for this I need to use a DAW for pan the signal

• Hi All

As promised : I connect KPA to SPDIF connector of Audio Interface: Now YES !!! It's work and sound great !

Thank you to hjscheffler for him support !

SPDIF is the key !!!! ...because bypass the preamp of audio interface and connect with digital signal !

CIao :thumbup:

• For what you're trying to achieve with backing tracks I'd take the output from your sound card (or even a little mp3 player) into the Kemper and have both coming out of the Kemper headphones. That's the way I normally practice.

• For what you're trying to achieve with backing tracks I'd take the output from your sound card (or even a little mp3 player) into the Kemper and have both coming out of the Kemper headphones. That's the way I normally practice.

....but in that case you are not able to record the session.....this is the point :thumbup:

ciao :thumbup: