Unpowered kemper+Rocktron stereo poweramp possible?

• Hello i wonder if an Unpowered Kemper+ Roctron Velocity100 will work? I have a CAE cab 2x12 I would like to hear the Kemper trough!
    I know its a Mono cab, but it wouls still be ok to have 50Watt mono. I dont play metal!
    Anyone tryed?

• Hello i wonder if an Unpowered Kemper+ Roctron Velocity100 will work? I have a CAE cab 2x12 I would like to hear the Kemper trough!
    I know its a Mono cab, but it wouls still be ok to have 50Watt mono. I dont play metal!
    Anyone tryed?

Hello Morty,

Yes, of course it will work. Connect your KPA Monitor Output to the input of your Rocktron Velocity100, and then connect Speaker Out of the Rocktron Velocity to your cabinet. Use Channel 1 input on the Velocity (Mono) to connect from the KPA Monitor Output.

Cheers,
    John

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• Thanx! i guess it would only be 50w But my tube amp 50w Is realy loud.. the Roctron is cheap so its worth trying it! maby i buy a Camplifier If i like it.. i think some profiles would be realy nice on my CAE 2x12 V30`s

• It works, but be aware that the rocktron velocity has a simulated tube circuit. This affects the sound because it's not a linear poweramp. I used a velocity 300 and sold it after testing. I also sold my mesa boogie 2x12 real cab and changed to frfr. From this time on the sun comes up with my kpa because i can use all the different and wonderful cab sims.

• It works, but be aware that the rocktron velocity has a simulated tube circuit. This affects the sound because it's not a linear poweramp. I used a velocity 300 and sold it after testing. I also sold my mesa boogie 2x12 real cab and changed to frfr. From this time on the sun comes up with my kpa because i can use all the different and wonderful cab sims.

Ok then it would not be right for the Kemper! I am realy happy with the sound of my DXR, but just want to find out it powered Kemper is for me! at least at home..

• It’s all a matter of taste. If you have a real cab it can sound very good. But the real cab has only the sound of this cab because you play with cab sim off. The velocity also affects the sound, as written. For a real cab I recommend a linear power amp, but I also know that some guys here like the sound of the velocity.

I tried many things and in the end I am happy with my rcf frfr. I use many different cab sims and that’s the big advantage of the kpa for me. Versatile sounds with cabs that match the amp. I think that’s clear because you won’t play a blackface over a 4x12 Marshall or a jcm 800 over a 2x12 with jensen speaker.

Hth