5.5.2 'data corrupting' - can anyone shed any light please?

• Hi all

I've had a few issues on stage with Kempers becoming unresponsive (mainly due to too much, or partial MIDI data being sent to them) and just wondered if anyone actually knew what the new release addresses?

The official word is: "We have a new release revision which fixes one more issue: rare issues when handling corrupted data."

That's very vague though - does that mean corrupted data on the Kemper itself, e.g. profiles, preset data, or does it mean incoming data e.g. MIDI data, stuff that over-runs the MIDI buffer? Access had the same issue with MIDI buffers that didn't actually seem to be able to handle that much MIDI information before wonking out (the Virus Snow I have still occasionally says 'too much information' and that's just 4 channels!) so I wonder if it's something to do with the way Mr K designs his MIDI architecture.

If they've managed to find a way around this it'd be great to know.. otherwise I'll just wait for the next crash on stage in front of a crowd, that should be fun!

Best wishes

Jimbobbley