After two weeks with my Kemper Profiling Amp, these are my observations:

• Me! Pick between 9 and 10 'o clock, Sag and Compression at 9 'o clock. Leave the gain a bit higher than usual and increase the bias a little bit (it reduce gain), Adjust Definition to compensate for the reduced pick sensitivity. Just a starting point, for me it works.

Mucho Thanks! - Will experiment with this stuff today ^^

All modelers known to man 8o

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• Hi Christoph. Thanks for the responses. I will chime in and say that I really think you have a great product here (and I do too, since I own one! :D ). There is no question to my ears that the low end of the KPA profiles IN GENERAL (not on all profiles/amps, but a majority from my experience) do have less low end in them than the miked up amp when A/Bing here. I will say though, that I honestly PREFER that to be the case. As a professional producer/engineer, I know that the lower frequencies of the electric guitar quite often need to be dealt with in the context of a mix, and honestly I think the KPA goes a good deal towards making that quicker and easier to achieve. However, I think what Radley is saying is that, in the context of pure "perfect" profiling, the low end, as it is, is not perfect in the 1 to 1 sense. Since you are here, I will put in my 2 cents for what I would personally benefit from seeing -

1. An octaver stomp/effect.
    2. A spring reverb.
    3. An editor along the lines of the TI editor for computer based rig management/coordination (by the way, the TI is my desert island synth, I own 2 of them and use them on virtually every production).
    4. The tuner expanded to interpret 5 string basses (low B, and probably baritone guitars as well for those who use those).
    5. A "favorites" tab to set aside and categorize my favorite profiles.

Other than that, as I type this, I am content with everything else happening in the unit so far. I do not discredit you and your team's ability to cook up some great new additions as the product develops, which I cannot foresee. :thumbup:

• [quote='Radley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=25544#post25544]Tell me what parameters you are missing.
    Mainly we want to limit the numbers of parameters, to keep thinks a usable as possible.
    People are already looking for functions that are already implemented.
    There was the wish for a tape delay a few days ago on the forum. All delay types are tape delays!

CK

Mr. Kemper,

I am very impressed with your detailed response and obvious concern for 'getting it right' - I am also impressed that even though you have developed a hot & desirable new product, you are still trying to make it better. I will be happy to start a new thread about the details of what I am hearing/not hearing. I will call it 'The foundational sonics of the KPA', if that's cool - a chance for *everyone* to be honest and frank in their observations....

Cheers,
    Hadley

• Hadley
    I just finished my first commercial session with the Kemper and must say it proformed like a star.
    I received the Kemper late Friday and profiled the gear I use for Jingle sessions and it was dead nuts on accurate.
    The Studio EQ module is amazing. The other stomps are hardly noisy to my ears.
    This thing is quiet!
    To me the feel is very elastic and not stiff in any way all.
    The low end is amazing and VERY dynamic.
    I will say I have never heard a unit like this that has such a dynamic range.
    I
    Bill Ruppert

• Hey guys......

I really think this is just Hadley stirring the pot again. Over on 'The Gear Page' he 1st wrote about a certain "fizz" coming from the Kemper gain/distortion -- well after everyone basically said Hadley was full of sh*t about his findings, Hadley then edited out the part about the "fizz" :P This review is NO different.

....and now after reading this additional review of "two weeks" I don't really agree with any of his points! And it seems most people share this same "opposite" opinion from Hadleys! Can we honestly be so radically different about our tastes in tone and the Kemper? I think CK's response was dead on to all of his bullet points which are just designed to stir the pot.

Hadley remains on the artist page on the Fractal website! - With that fact alone you can make your own conclusions about his thoughts on the Kemper. His is trying to play both sides and it just isn't working.

- and apologies in advance for this opinion about Hadley's tone -- I downloaded his profiles and for me, well.....it was honestly one of the worst user profiles I have heard. If this is the typical sound he plays with, I'm not sure his is using the Kemper correctly. Perhaps all of this is leading to his sales pitch of the infamous HC. Who knows?

Hadley - your positive contributions are appreciated.....but after this last "two week update", I for one can't take anything you say seriously.

I look forward to hearing clips from you and your perception of good tone.

Stay frosty,
    JEL

• Wow Bill - I take it you will join in on the new thread? (Bill & I go back a few years....) 8)

Could you please explain to all of us how the Kemper was so different from your other modelers?

• As far as Mr. JEL goes, I have already had a number of people tell me that the one set of profiles I have uploaded to the rig exchange are among their absolute favorites (the Modded Gibson Lancer Profiles). Mr. Kemper himself asked me to start a new thread about my comments, and he appears to be much more of a gentleman than yourself.

• Apologies if I offended you Hadley regarding your profiles. You have talked negatively about stock profiles, among various other user profiles...but when somebody doesn't like yours...well sorry. I still think they are bad. -- it also strikes me rather odd that your new thread was "sanctioned by CK".....considering you are in fact listed on Fractal's website as an artist of theirs.

Did you also start a thread like this on their page?

Hadley Hockensmith
    L.A. Studio Guitarist, Neil Diamond Band
    "I love my Axe-FX… So much fidelity, amp goodness & processing power under one roof. The ‘sonic bar’ has been totally recalibrated by Fractal Audio!"

Good luck with your new thread.

Stay frosty,
    JEL

• +1000 on something like TI Editor control vst. That would make this product over the top. Being new, the first thing I am noticing is the lack of a easy fast way to recall a rig. Having it automatically load when loading a song project in Nuendo would be awesome.

• JEL - I'm not sure what you are trying to prove here. The fact that I am even posting on this board proves that I am not 'joined to the hip' with Fractal or anyone else - I am only a Fractal *User* they felt had enough profile to be mentioned on their artist board - I paid for my unit and am not bound by any agreements, and that quote was for the AFX Ultra.

Why all the hostility?

• Hadley - come on now friend.....

You ARE a Fractal artist, whether you admit it or not (or you paid for a unit, etc.). You are listed as a Fractal Artist on their website!

Therefore, I do not believe that any Fractal Artist should be posting threads such as yours on the Kemper page. Especially something sanctioned by CK. I think if he wanted feedback from his customer base he would ask for it himself, not from the help of Fractal Artist. GET IT??

Plain and simple.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Stay frosty -
    JEL

• Please scroll upwards a bit and you will see the post from Mr. Kemper himself, and my response - please don't try and create caricatures of people you don't agree with... please let my words here speak for themselves, and I will return the favor...

Thanks.

• I don't see no "obvious concern for getting it right" from Mr Kemper....stop playing your word game.

I don't understand why you're keeping your Kemper, there's not one thing you like about it, it sounds just like a Pod HD500, why don't you just sell it. :?:

• The more I read from Mr. Radley, the more I get the feeling that he is here simply to troll and to badmouth the Kemper.

Nobody has to buy or use or be happy with the Kemper Profiling amp. If it is not your cup of tea, sell it, buy something else.

But please: DO NOT COME HERE AND TRY TO BADMOUTH THE UNIT EVERY DAY.

This is just ridiculous.

If you are a happy AxeFX user or Boss user, stay that and just leave this group alone.

Dote

• +1 :thumbup:

• Woah guys, chillax. Less hostility. Radley is entitled to his opinion (even if he is completely wrong :P ) just like the rest of us.

It's important to have critics around any piece of gear provided they have valid criticisms and constructive points to make that can help that product improve.

There's a balance to be had. What you don't want is rabid fanboyism as there is over at the Fractal forums, nor trolls ruling the roost. Both end up blocking progress with bickering and flame wars, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I can't be doing with that.

Radley has made some points he feels are valid, now he just needs to back that up with some samples or some proposals for how he'd like things to be improved. Lets not jump down his throat just because he's not having the same experience as all of us. No-one ever changed anyone's mind by insulting them or shouting them down.

Lets all have a big group hug and move on.

• oh come one guys (JEL). this is bullying. radley has an opinion: based on his experience and on what he has not experienced or known yet (like: profiles are total subjective snapshots of the profiler's taste, not aiming to please everyone or represent the original amp in all it's capabilities). This "the KPA is my girlfriend and if you citicize her you will get serious problems"-fanboy-attitude is bullshit. the KPA has strengths and weaknesses and these often are very subjective. for instance i get really annoyed when the KPA crashes or alters tone... that way i cannot use it live. others seek perfection in tape delays... this is a place to exchange opinions. if you don't like a thread... don't read it and find one that you find interest in. otherwise help the others to get the infos they need. if ck can, you can too.
    but i would also like to hear some audio from radley.

Edited once, last by elfredo ().

• I hope this forum promotes open discussion and can tolerate both negative and positive criticism, as long as they are well-founded and constructive. I think Radley's writing fall into that category. A good thing with all criticism is that it can be a valuable source for further development & innovation.

• This reminds of the the current mainstream in many European (American?) public diskussions: A sometimes "off-topic" form of political correctness becomes mandatory and more important than dealing with facts and arguments based on differing assumptions.

Funny that esp. in Germany, which has famous philosophers like Hegel who proposed the thesis/anti-thesis as a necessary method for "dialectic" progress - off mainstream point of views get heavily beaten by the "political correctness watch".

From what I remember Hadley has been a pro-guitarist for many moons. He owns a Kemper - meaning he is interested in the product and is trying to use it in a productive way in his environment.

Before you beat him down step into his shoes and try to see what he is seeing. Then reply with a strong argument if that is not your point of view (like cK did). Arguments can be very sharp or pointed and sometimes even sarcastic, but judging people as trolls because they do not applaude your point of view has become way too easy and common.

BTW - Total satisfaction means "end of all progress".

I dig reading through threads with controversial discussions - as long as the BS is kept away. More often than not both parties have a point.

Hadley I encourage you to continue to share your opinions - maybe offer samples or further explanations of what you do not like. Just because you did - cK replied with a very pointed post, that for itself contains useful background information we might not have otherwise.
    By exchanging controversial arguments we can all gain more "in-depth" understanding of this product.

Be good sports guys! :)
    H

90% of the game is half-mental.