After two weeks with my Kemper Profiling Amp, these are my observations:

• +1

But: I find it unnecessary to open up several threads for this spreading all over the forum.
    Let's keep it focused and on- topic.

@ Hadley: When CK offered to discuss several aspects of the profiling in detail it would have been better and more on topic orientated (IMO) to NOT repeat the same theses as in the "Distortion model" thread and this thread here.

I will follow the other thread now and have no problem with controversity per se.

• OK guys - I thought I was doing what Mr. Kemper suggested by starting another thread, but regardless, this is obviously not going to be productive. I would ask the administrator to delete both of these threads, and any others anyone here may find too negative, and I will keep any such thoughts to myself in the future. Why did I post them at all? Just like some of you have posted new feature requests in hopes that they will improve the future KPA, the distortion happened to be my main concern so I have posted about it in hopes of making it 'ideal'. In a way, the motivation was selfish, in that I want it to be 'perfection' for my own playing/sonic tastes, as I still haven't quite been able to 'nail it all down' personally. This is a new product, and many of us want to 'get our 2¢ in' while it is being refined' - I think that is human nature. It's just that some of us are more opinionated and vocal than others 8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• Nice. A bunch of anonymous Internet experts giving a seasoned professional musician crap about gear.

Radley, I just got my KPA and am much more interested in your thoughts and tips than the trolls in this thread. Your input over the years for Boss, Line 6, and Fractal products has been extremely helpful for thousands of people - I know I've learned a lot from your posts.

• Nice. A bunch of anonymous Internet experts giving a seasoned professional musician crap about gear.

Radley, I just got my KPA and am much more interested in your thoughts and tips than the trolls in this thread. Your input over the years for Boss, Line 6, and Fractal products has been extremely helpful for thousands of people - I know I've learned a lot from your posts.

Thanks Tim - I think you could tell people here that I have been just as hard on all the other units I have been using as I have on the Kemper - by pointing out the weaknesses, we potentially improve the future product (assuming the 'powers that be' seriously consider our input).

All modelers known to man 8o

Nice first post.

Welcome to the Kemper forum. :thumbup:

• Thanks Tim - I think you could tell people here that I have been just as hard on all the other units I have been using as I have on the Kemper - by pointing out the weaknesses, we potentially improve the future product (assuming the 'powers that be' seriously consider our input).

I've never seen you hold back with any manufacturer. I've also seen you take a lot of unwarranted flack and handle it with class.

I think people lose site that this is just gear and (re)act like you're talking about their sister.

I spent a bit of time with a couple of the profiles you posted - cool stuff. The dirty channel one cleans up nice.

• They must have a private forum over a† Fractal to deploy the troops and set a gameplan. :P

So let's see which is more likely:
    I spent $1800 on a Kemper so I could support Fractal?

Or:
    I spent $1800 on a Kemper because I am always chasing tone and this piece of gear intrigues me.

The answer is neither! This is the truth:
    Cliff sent $1800 to 100 of us Fractal drones so we could buy Kempers and go on attack.

• So let's see which is more likely:

Or:
    I spent $1800 on a Kemper because I am always chasing tone and this piece of gear intrigues me.

Cliff sent $1800 to 100 of us Fractal drones so we could buy Kempers and go on attack.

Like Radley it's just your personality. It's brings out the best in people. :)

Or:

Tim, welcome to the forum.
    I find this nagging KPA vs. Axe totally unnecessary.
    Personally, I have made my mind up and so should everybody else.
    And in between and afterwards, no reason to go after each other.
    It's just gear.

• Tim, welcome to the forum.
    It's just gear.

Your right Doc, I could have bought a Axefx. I almost did then I heard about the KPA. So I waited and waited and... Anyway it came out. I heard all the clips then walla here it is. And I have no regrets.

• Tim, welcome to the forum.
    It's just gear.

I love this stuff. As long as I can get good results with this thing I'll hang on to it. I usually gig with the Axe but in the Stones tribute band I'm in I use a tube amp and pedals. I'm not stuck on any piece of gear. In addition to the Axe and a number of guitar amps, I also use an HD 500, GR-55, VG-99, and a SansAmp purple character pedal. I'd love to add the Kemper to my arsenal of tools. So far it shows promise.

Or:

You're not supposed to tell anyone.. :)

Or:

I put the smiley in there to denote jest and wasn't necessarily serial.

• Heck! At least stop quoting everything, my right index finger is getting tired to scroll 6 times everything :D :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff