BBE Sound Stomp Board ~ ‘The Ultimate BBE Pedalboard’

• There's been discussion recently here about BBE's Sonic Maximizer and Sonic Stomp (the pedal version). Sonic Stomp happens to feature amongst 7 other BBE pedal models in this stand-alone app and plugin.

I figure, therefore, that many might be interested in hearing about the package, which also happens to be available around the traps on special right now for $29, 78% off LIST.

https://www.gearslutz.com/boar…d-quot-now-available.html

... and yes, the stomps can be used separately as individual plugins. 8o

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting. I ended up buying a BBE 882i, purely to put backing tracks through, before they reach the mixer. It 'has' given me some nice sounds that the mixer's eq could not have done. 'Everything in moderation' as they say, but it really adds some beef and clarity and dynamics to the sounds. I was almost put off by the varied 'snake oil' comments, but it really does make a substantial difference. I'm not using it on guitar or vocals, although somewhere along the line I will try it through the mixer inserts, and see what it sounds like on a whole mix. Happy days :)

• Yeah, they certainly have their place, and BV's are prime candidates for excitement IMHO, as is lead vox (but not overdone).

I didn't get involved in the board's recent discussion of the hardware pedal and rack but was tempted to say just one thing: Moderation. Don't use it on everything 'cause exciters, especially if using the same one across many tracks, will bite you in the ass.

I read somewhere that the stomp version in this package pretty much replicates your rack sound-wise. Stereo too.

Might be worth keeping in mind 'cause it could offer flexibility for you ITB, Liam. I mean, for many folks it'd be worth buying just the exciter for $29 US, I reckon; the 7 other plugins and handy board, "amp" and EQ's being bonuses.

• Thanks. I digress - I'm still amazed at my discovery this morning, that Logic Pro X has an auto tune facility built in. Saves me re-doing a vocal line with one slightly off key note... :)

• LOL Yeah, it's so-handy to have basic monophonic tuning built-in, Liam.

DP has had it for a long time too, and I love it. Can't see myself ever buying a 3rd-party plugin for this 'cause the performance and ease of editing right there in the original track are so-convenient.

Hey, I just asked about the maximiser stomp's similarity to the rack over in the BeerGutz thread I linked to, just in case you or anyone else (and I!) is considering the package with a primary interest in the "Sonic Stomp".

• Well I was ready to re-do a vocal line, and discovered Logic's default auto tune facility. A few clicks and 'bang' all was corrected!

I may well look into the stomp pack, and see what it does used in a DAW. It's very sad, I love all the hardware & software toys... midlife crises etc.. lol

• Likewise; I was thinking of adding a TC g major 2, into the effects loop of my Kemper, just to have a little more spec' with reverbs/delays. I was backwards & forwards in thought, "shall I, shan't I", then I saw Brian May 'actually' has two in his rig (four as he has two back-ups) and that swung it. 450 USD, or £265 GBP. I could not say no! All those effects, but more importantly, the array of pretty lights....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by LiamUK ().

• It's interesting that there is this, but BBE also has a Sonic Sweet product on their website, which has the sonic maximiser, a harmonic maximiser and a loudness maximiser. But that costs $149. I wonder what the difference is between that and the Sonic Stomp maximiser.

It looks like the Sonic Stomp is based off the 482i maximiser. I think the Sonic Sweet is modelled after the 882i. But I could be wrong.

Just the fact that there are two versions makes me a bit dubious about how well it is modelled. Seems like the Gearslutz thread has died too.

Why sell a $99 product at $29 at launch anyway? Makes me a bit sceptical.

• Plugin Alliance sells newly-launched products at 2/3-off every month / practically for every new product. Obviously many companies opt for the half-price thing, but 2/3 off is a popular launch discount in my experience; I don't think we can automatically read that there's something inferior about the product into it from this alone, AJ.

It looks like the Sonic Stomp is based off the 482i maximiser. I think the Sonic Sweet is modelled after the 882i. But I could be wrong.

The D82 Sonic Maximizer, which is a plugin in the Sonic Sweet bundle, models BBE's D82 hardware unit.

The other plugins in the bundle handle harmonics, loudness (limiter) and bass enhancement.

So, the Sonic Stomp in this "Stomp Board" package is the only model, AFAICT, that BBE offers of the 482i. If one wants the 482i in software form, this appears to be the only option.

• Continuing on the 'audio/sound' enhancement train of thought, I tried this company on a few demos I had done, in pursuit of mastering. https://app.landr.com/dashboard

It's pretty much along the 'aural exciter' - 'sonic maximiser' algorithm route. It actually 'does' make, IMHO, a somewhat marked improvement in sound.
    It's worth a try, as you can listen without buying, and a finished/mastered uncompressed wav is £9.99 GDP/ 12.7064USD/ 17.4466AUD

I know it's a slight digression, but the theoretics are similar. A 'quick fix' mastering solution.