stereo function such une side delay

• For those who play as the only guitarist in a band it would be great to have something like a delay from 3 to 45 ms to be assigned on one side to have a diffused stereo and create space for the singer in the middle

There may be a "stereo setting" for example:
    Delay one side
    panning (for a band that uses additional sounds it would have the additional guitar on the left and the guitarist on the right)

another useful thing would be to route the spdif as a loop (the g Major has a bad converter, but it can set a delay on one side only)

• hello, thanks for the idea

I'm trying your solutions:with the double touch, even with the modulation disabled, you can hear some phase problems .... create something like a chorus ... and the note D (on every octave, on a standard pitch of 440) becomes "mono" or centered if you prefer
    -settings mix100% / delay1 10ms / delay2 0% / fb 0 / stereo 100% / modulation 0-

when I make the 10ms delay on protools (using mod delay III for example), I do not feel any problem

with the wide stereo thing ... maybe it works on a clean tone, but for my purpose it's not the best solution

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 files:

Kemper delay:
    two tap delay settings: mix100%, delay 1 10ms, delay 2 0%, feedback 0, stereo 100%, modulatuion flutter ducking etc 0

PT Delay:
    mod delay 10ms on left side

Kemper mono phase
    i've applied PT mod delay with 10ms on the Right side, flip the phase on right side, put a mono plugin on the master track

the last thing on the pt delay file gives a mute file so i haven't uploaded it

• Nothing really strange here.
    Set the milliseconds to slightly different values and the D is saved.
    I noticed that on your PT clip other notes appear more in the middle.
    Make a mono mix of your protools mix and it will sound as strange.

You are pointing out the shortcomings of the stereo effect by delaying one side.
    Even though it is recommended everywhere, only a minority is aware of the drawbacks.

The main drawback is the heavy colouring by creating a comb filter when mixed to mono.
    Thus, this effect is not mono compatible and should not be used on recordings.

• yes, my idea was only for live purpose

By the way, a pan control is possible on kemper? For live situation with a guitar on a back track (not a global control)

• For those who play as the only guitarist in a band it would be great to have something like a delay from 3 to 45 ms to be assigned on one side to have a diffused stereo and create space for the singer in the middle

You might want to take a look at the TC Electronics Mimiq pedal. I use it in live situations where I'm the only guitarist. It really widens the sound and sounds better than a simple delay. You can use it after the main out or in the effects loop. I wish it was a built-in effect of the Kemper. For even better performance, use another cab IR with an IR pedal such as the Mooer Radar for the 2nd side. It sounds big. Of course, it's not as good as a real second guitar, but for a live performance with only 1 guitar, it's amazing.

• Just my opinion on the Mimiq; I bought one in January. At home, I run to both a mono FRFR from the monitor output and a pair of studio monitors at the same time. Not surprisingly it doesn't work in front of the Kemper well at all. If i used it in the stereo loop, it was effecting the monitors and the FRFR and it really sounded terrible when summed to mono through the FRFR. The only way i could use it was attached to the main output, so it only effected the stereo speakers and then it sounded great on some stuff. But it made solos sound distant and lack punch so I needed to be able to manually switch it on and off for different profiles which is tiresome and requires too many cable for my liking.

Besides, playing stereo works well if you're using a couple of stereo cabs on stage but if you're running direct to FOH, the speakers are often right by the walls and so most people will hear only one speaker, hence why usually they're run in mono. As mentioned, I did not like it summed to mono.

Not knocking the device, if it works for you then that's great but I disliked it greatly in practice and sold it shortly afterwards.

• No you're right, it can't be summed to mono or it won't sound good. You have to feed mono monitors with only the left channel, or use stereo in-ears. I did not try to sum both channels when using different IRs, but I guess it would not be much better. I use my Mimiq to only add 1 additional guitar.

• I've given up trying the delay for width live. I noticed the comb filtering effect ruins tone and you cannot guarantee on pa quality in clubs is consistent. Often wiring is out of phase or engineers may mix you less than full stereo and there is a problem.

The Kemper widener under eq effects seems to be the safest way to go for now. It boost frequencies one side and cuts the same frequency the other to create width. Of course, when summed to mono there is no damage to the tone.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7