Stereo Loop before the Amp Stack

• I know it's probably not feasible with the current hardware, and might require the ability to have two amp stacks, but being able to put stereo delay in an FX Loop in front of the amp stack, and maintain that stereo image would be huge.

• I know it's probably not feasible with the current hardware, and might require the ability to have two amp stacks, but being able to put stereo delay in an FX Loop in front of the amp stack, and maintain that stereo image would be huge.

I've always found delay to be pretty nasty when placed in front. Is that what you're going for, or was I doing it wrong? :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I've always found delay to be pretty nasty when placed in front. Is that what you're going for, or was I doing it wrong? :D

You probably weren't doing it wrong, but yes that's what I'm going for. I like the "dirty repeats" effect from having delay in front of the amp. I had a Helix for a week or so, and while it doesn't quite match the amp tones in the Kemper, I really liked the fact that you can run stereo delays into the front of two amps. Here's a short clip of what I'm going for... from 27 seconds to 44 seconds:
    Clip

• I think it all depends on how much gain you run in the amp itself. Lower gain sounds can be glorious with delay in front - Hank Marvin made a career out of it ;)

However, the natural compression from a gained up amp makes the delays very loud which some folk love and others hate. I find it unmanageable but it works for Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro so who am I to argue.

• I think it all depends on how much gain you run in the amp itself. Lower gain sounds can be glorious with delay in front - Hank Marvin made a career out of it ;)

However, the natural compression from a gained up amp makes the delays very loud which some folk love and others hate. I find it unmanageable but it works for Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro so who am I to argue.

Yeah, totally... I run my amps pretty low gain (set to just start clipping when I dig in on the bridge pickup) since I'm using pedals in front.

• This is probably the best example of what I'm going for with the Kemper. This is my Kemper and a BadCat BlackCat 40 in stereo, everything (dirt, delays, reverb) into the front of both. I've got the Kemper set a hair cleaner than the BadCat as the Kemper profile has a little less headroom. This is the tone that makes me happy.

**Warning: this is Praise & Worship music** :P And, I forgot to turn on my reverb for the solo until about 1/2 way through... :(

Click Here: Low Gain/Dirty Repeats

• @boyce89976 damn, that's a great sounding band you have there. What a great punch of players. P&W definitely isn'e my thing but I can still appreciate great playing when I hear it!

Love that guitar and the Kemper even looks sexy on stage :)

Thanks man! I appreciate that a lot!

If I could get that from one Kemper every time I plug in, I'd be a very happy camper!

• This is probably the best example of what I'm going for with the Kemper. This is my Kemper and a BadCat BlackCat 40 in stereo, everything (dirt, delays, reverb) into the front of both. I've got the Kemper set a hair cleaner than the BadCat as the Kemper profile has a little less headroom. This is the tone that makes me happy.

**Warning: this is Praise & Worship music** :P And, I forgot to turn on my reverb for the solo until about 1/2 way through... :(

Click Here: Low Gain/Dirty Repeats

Sounds fantastic! Love the delay in this. Reminds me of some stuff I've been hearing when I listen to Frightened Rabbit, I was wondering how to do that. Thanks for posting!

Edit: I started in P&W, so no judgement here :D

Lots of great musicians in church.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Sounds fantastic! Love the delay in this. Reminds me of some stuff I've been hearing when I listen to Frightened Rabbit, I was wondering how to do that. Thanks for posting!
    Edit: I started in P&W, so no judgement here :D

Lots of great musicians in church.

Thank you, Locrain!

• A true stereo input all the way thru would be great. My favorite fuzz pedals in live stereo would be awesome (different blooms, splatter, and fizzing L/R)! Maybe this could be achievable with the front/rear inputs being the L/R and pan controls in stomps A/B/C/D in the future?

I don't want to buy another Kemper and run two simultaneously, but that looks like the only option we have at the moment unless I am mistaken. If I ran two Kempers simultaneously, would the internal oscillators for the internal modulation/time based effects synchronize so I could use the L out of one and the R out of the other?

• I am pretty sure there is no chance of running two profile simultaneously for hardware reasons (but I could be wrong). However, it should be VERY easy to run two separate FX chains in parallel. At the moment you can run stomp slots A and B in a “parallel path” which bypasses the stack plock and X - Rev slots. All it would take would be the ability to re insert the “parallel path” at any point in the chain. You never know this might even become possible with the “liberation of the effects blocks” that is coming in the next update. (Nicky: before you tell me it is unlikely, I know but a boy can dream ;))

At the moment running a fuzz in the parallel path would yield a pretty hard core sound as there would be no speaker section to smooth out the high end.