PSA- Great road case for Kemper: Gator G Tour Lunchbox Medium

• New Kemper owner here!! I love this thing, and can't believe I waited this long!

Anyway---I have one of these that I use to store my UA Ox and I love it. So when I recently grabbed my Kemper, I checked to see it if would fit. It did, so I grabbed another from Sweetwater on their finance promo.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-amp-ata-tour-case-medium

As you can see from the pics below, it fits perfectly. I added a sheet of foam on the bottom to rest the Kemper on (not included), then another piece on top (included with the case) so I can keep the cable in there as well. The foam blocks you see are included with the case as well, and they velcro to the sides. This is a great option at a great price. It's cheaper than a Pelican too

Gibson, Taylor, Wizard, Matchless, Fractal, Kemper

• Welcome! I almost went this route as well for my powerhead. I ended up getting the Kemper bag for mine though but I still may go this route for more protection.
    Nice to see pics of what kinds of modifications you needed to do and how the Kemper fits.

• I am thinking about buying this case. Will the remote fit in it as well? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nvm, the remote can fit. Thanks

How heavy is it? I have searched everywhere for the weight of it but can't find it.

• I am thinking about buying this case. Will the remote fit in it as well? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nvm, the remote can fit. Thanks

How heavy is it? I have searched everywhere for the weight of it but can't find it.

I would estimate it weighs close to 10 lbs

Gibson, Taylor, Wizard, Matchless, Fractal, Kemper

• My only concern would be with the internal height. Website says 10" (not sure if that accounts for extra space with the top of the case). Amp head is 8.5" and the remote is almost 3"... Any insight to that 397f7c95538961c9090da40b2b0b6e229b278069 ?

When I bought the case from Sweetwater (which I ended up returning when I bought the Thoman), the Sweetwater rep called me to confirm the case would fit my needs. He did the internal dimensions math himself and came to the same conclusion I did: both would fit.

I recommend buying through Sweetwater. Their customer service is great and if it doesn't suit your needs, their return policy is good and I received a full refund a day or two after they received the case back.

EDIT: after reading through your last comment, I should clarify how we did the math. We did the head standing up and the remote in front of the head... we didn't assume the remote would be on top of the head.

• When I bought the case from Sweetwater (which I ended up returning when I bought the Thoman), the Sweetwater rep called me to confirm the case would fit my needs. He did the internal dimensions math himself and came to the same conclusion I did: both would fit.

I recommend buying through Sweetwater. Their customer service is great and if it doesn't suit your needs, their return policy is good and I received a full refund a day or two after they received the case back.

EDIT: after reading through your last comment, I should clarify how we did the math. We did the head standing up and the remote in front of the head... we didn't assume the remote would be on top of the head.

Hi, I have a quick question if you dont mind me getting some feedback from you. Why did you returned the Gator case ?

What was about the Thomann case that made you send the Gator case back ?

Im looking at these two. Also considering going the pelican route mostly because its waterproof.

Thanks a lot !

• Hi, I have a quick question if you dont mind me getting some feedback from you. Why did you returned the Gator case ?

What was about the Thomann case that made you send the Gator case back ?

Im looking at these two. Also considering going the pelican route mostly because its waterproof.

Thanks a lot !

Well at the time I wanted the kemper to be in a case while on stage. With the Thoman case, I keep the kemper in the case and pull the remote out and then plug stuff in.

I love the kemper but the form factor is cumbersome. The kemper + thoman case is like 40 lbs. The case gets the job done but wish the kemper itself wasn't annoying to set up lol.... I will say that for most people it's not a problem.... I just like the simplest set up and easy carrying and I am overall very lazy