Hey, remember me? :-)

• Hi everyone. Been a minute since I've hung around these parts. In fact, other than teaching my son to play, I haven't picked up a guitar for recreational purposes since 2016. Mostly due to health issues. But, I think I am coming back. My son has progressed amazingly and now he wants to jam with his old man and learn some of my tunes.

Anyway, how you all been??? What's new in Kemper-land? I haven't flicked on the old green machine in a couple years so I'm curious about the latest scuttlebutt.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Hi and welcome back!
    Sorry to hear of your health issues, hope that’s all behind you now.
    New in Kemperland... well, the spring reverb finally arrived in beta, and two new reverb algorithms were shown at NAMM that sound amazing. Apparently should be out in beta before the year’s end.
    You can now set sampling rates, so you can record digitally at up to 96kHz, if you so choose to. Hmmm what else? I’m sure some of the other guys will be along to help me out. Were you around for the new delays? Can’t remember when they were released.

• I know you too. Welcome back and all the best!

Big thing for me was the release of the new delays. Awesome stuff with new infinity and hold functions when using a simple seperate double footswitch. The upcoming new reverbs will be top of the list. Ah, and check out the new tutorials on youtube.

Cheers
    Frank

• I remember ya brah!

Been away myself for two years now, my green box also untouched.
    my reason is a wicked case of lateral epicondilytis (aka tennis elbow) in my left elbow. still no fix in sight and it still hurts too much to play at all.
    still lurking around here, though! :)

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• still lurking around here, though!

You foxy lurker-in-the-mud, you. :D

Don't remember you but welcome back, man! Cheers, to your health

Geez Shawn, what a noob, mate. Seems like just the other day he was still here. :D

Hey 'Pudgie! Has it really been that long? How time flies here on the forum. S'pose the intermittent drama series, interspersed with awesome updates like the delays and spring 'verb beta help keep our minds occupied.

Sorry to hear about your health, mate. Believe me, if anyone can relate to long-term-health "challenges", 'tis I, brother. Great to have you back in one pice, man, and... your avatar hasn't aged a bit! :D

• Hey Muddy can you handle a lap steel? It's hurts to see a man down. :thumbup:

never tried it, certainly food for thought!

been down far too long, tried every therapy in the book short of an operation and I’m getting nowhere. very frustrating...
    right now I’m doing some sort of shockwave therapy which kinda helps but only if I don’t play at all.

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Hi and welcome back!
    Sorry to hear of your health issues, hope that’s all behind you now.
    New in Kemperland... well, the spring reverb finally arrived in beta, and two new reverb algorithms were shown at NAMM that sound amazing. Apparently should be out in beta before the year’s end.
    You can now set sampling rates, so you can record digitally at up to 96kHz, if you so choose to. Hmmm what else? I’m sure some of the other guys will be along to help me out. Were you around for the new delays? Can’t remember when they were released.

Sam my man!!! Good to see you're still here. Still got those Alice in Chains cover clips we did where you did vocals? That was awesome. I can't find them anymore. :(

I was here for the delays, but the spring reverb is new to me! That is great news.

• Bring back the AIC covers man!

Haha, you remember! Nice, thanks for mentioning that. They might be the first thing I start working on. I was starting Rain When I Die when the health problems started, so maybe I should jump on that first. Plus, I can have my son do some rhythm tracks now - he's gotten so good in the last year.

• You foxy lurker-in-the-mud, you. :D

Geez Shawn, what a noob, mate. Seems like just the other day he was still here. :D
    Hey 'Pudgie! Has it really been that long? How time flies here on the forum. S'pose the intermittent drama series, interspersed with awesome updates like the delays and spring 'verb beta help keep our minds occupied.

Sorry to hear about your health, mate. Believe me, if anyone can relate to long-term-health "challenges", 'tis I, brother. Great to have you back in one pice, man, and... your avatar hasn't aged a bit! :D

MONKEY MAN! Glad you're still here, mate.

The good thing about my avatar - it never gets older. Me on the other hand, not so much. I frequently joke that there is a painting of me in an attic somewhere getting uglier by the second. :)

So let's see: High blood pressure, depression, anxiety, sleep apnea, acid reflux, and good old fashioned American obesity. Have I mentioned I turn 50 next year?

But it's not all bad news. I started college in January. I'm pursuing my PhD in Mathematics. Maybe when I grow up I can be a teacher or something. :)