[LRS] Marshall 2204 JMP 1979 - V6 is Live - DA

• The new Mars profiles kick ass! Out of all your packs (of amps I knew about before you told me about them, haha), this one has surprised me the most out of all. I am pretty sure it'll do anything. Before this pack, I would not have called myself a Marshall guy. I loved the JVM, that's about it. But this amp rocks. :)

Quick clip before I wind down for the evening, double-tracked (as if you can't tell by the mistakes), 2 takes, no comping, so it's pretty sloppy. Light EQ/Limiter on the main bus.

Edit: I did turn on the Shaper and Dist stomps that Tim included, increased the gain on the green scream to 2 db, and raised the amp gain by about 1.5.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• That sounds killer Locrain! Really cool riff too!

Thank you! It is a cool riff, I really like it. Wish I had written it. :D

Tim gets credit for the tonez!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• Love it Locrain ! Very cool to have the original track handy to compare it to also!

The double tracking beats my short attempt at a quick demo but here is Gold 03 in action:

Turned on all stomps except the compressor and chorus. No other edits to the tone.

• Very nice! Great crunch/gainy tones here. I had an early morning and was feeling a little nostalgic, so I made a couple clips. Even managed to fit a ham-fisted lead into the end of the 2nd one. :D

These are the first two songs that I can remember writing for the first band I was in, only about 15 years ago or so. The drummer and I are still best friends (I mean, he is a drummer yes, but he's a good guy), definitely some good times.

Edit: These were both with the same profile the T75 02, same modifications/stomps as the clip I posted above.

• Dude you always do killer clips but this is prob the best I’ve heard from you Locrain

What does the Shaper pedal do?

Ashamed to say I barely use the FX in this thing; when I started recording I used to use delay as a crutch when playing/double tracking and I got a shit ton of heat for it from guys that know, so I’ve stayed away from FX for the last few years...

Profiles sound great Tim! deadpan

• Wow, thanks man! That's very kind of you. Honestly I am always kind of surprised that people dig my clips, no accounting for taste I guess. :D

But it's very gratifying that some people do enjoy them, it is a nice feeling.

So Time (I think I may be having some sort of 12-hour stroke, every time today that I have tried to type "Tim", I type "Time" instead...why does it smell like toast in here?), could explain the Shaper a little better than me, but it basically brings out additional harmonics and works well with an overdrive stomp. From the Kemper wiki:

"While most effects are more common for guitarists, the "shaper" effects may seem a bit confusing. Essentially, they attempt to "shape" the waveforms of the input audio signal. This is essentially what distortion is, but most distortion circuits use clipping to reshape the waves. These do something different entirely, but most end up adding harmonic overtones. The best advice is to try all of them at mild and hot settings, run both into a clean amp profile as well as crunchy one.

Looking at stomps presets, many tend to use a combination of a shaper effect and distortion effect (and sometimes an EQ as well) to emulate various real-world distortion boxes, particularly fuzz type distortion."

I think Tim's stomps are set very well, in that they are not overpowering, but kicking on the comp/shaper/dist definitely adds a little bloom and grind you might miss otherwise, and definitely brings the harmonics out.

He also typically uses very mild settings for the delay, which can be very nice, then I can tweak it for more of a "solo" sound.

I used to never use effects. For years my rig was PRS Singlecut -Ernie Ball Volume - Morley Wah - H&K Triamp MKII - Mesa Road King 4x12. I loved my tone, and was never happy with what I perceived as tone-suck from my stomps. I built several pedalboards (poorly, probably), and always just f**king HATED the tap-dancing required to use the things in combo with channel changes.

Once we started getting bigger shows, opening for national acts etc, the band was basically like "so...you have to use effects. This is bullshit, you don't even have a tuner", and they were right. Lucky for me the Triamp has MIDI channel switching. So I bought a TC Electronics G-System, was immediately in heaven. To go from to clean w/delay/reverb to high-gain, no effects with a single button...that was a game-changer for me for effects.

I still don't use them a lot, I hate chorus/flange/reverb for high-gain stuff with a burning passion. But the KPA has great effects, always getting better, and it doesn't make me dance for them, so I can deal with it. :D

I do not endorse the use of Delay to simulate double-tracking though haha, I haven't been able to sound decent yet with that. In the DAW is another story. I don't ever use it, I like to actually double-track, it helps me stay in practice, but a 20ms delay in the DAW on one track can be convincing.

Locrain , those are great!!!!!!!

Harmonically they are very modern and as good as any out there!

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that! I was thinking this morning, "If I wrote these now, I'd probably like them"...doesn't say much for my progress as a musician hahaha...maybe I'll prefer to think of it as being ahead of my time...back in the day. :D

• I agree. Definitely appreciate Locrain 's clips.

• Profiles sound great Tim! deadpan

Thanks Scott!

Thanks Tim, I appreciate that! I was thinking this morning, "If I wrote these now, I'd probably like them"...doesn't say much for my progress as a musician hahaha...maybe I'll prefer to think of it as being ahead of my time...back in the day. :D

We are who we were and every product of ourselves is still our self :) There will be more and more better to come from you. I know it!

So, I am a little hooked on the Gold 03 profile. Here is a little lead clip over a backing track:

I turned on all stomps but the chorus, raised the gain and edited the stack EQ to fit the mix, all done on the front of the Kemper. There is some master bus compression to glue the lead to the backing track.