Does a studio desk like this exist?

• I'm planning to change my home studio desk to something more suitable, but it's hard to find a suitable one.

Here's a sketch I made of what would be the optimal type of desk (width: 1900 mm / ~75 inches, depth 800 mm / 31,5 inches):
    [Blocked Image: http://juhau.mbnet.fi/desk.jpg]

The critical things, in order of importance:

1. A lower level in the back, with room for two 24" displays
    2. Enough room for the speakers on the sides of the screens
    3. A little hole for my Kemper toaster, obviously :)
    4. Preferrably a moving keyboard/mouse desk (goes under the table)
    5. Room for my PC in the lower part (height: 526 mm / 20,7 inches)

On a quick see, it should be fairly standard. But I'm having a hard time finding anything suitable. The killer is really the lower level for the screens, which is far more ergonomic than having the screens on an upper level (= majority of desks!).

I just might have to do it myself :)

Vortech - Finnish Industrial Death Metal since 2000

• Instead of lowering the desk for the screens I suggest you get some alternative stands with vesa100 brackets that allows the screen to sit lower.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Depending on your budget and your spare time you could also ask a professional to build it for you.
    Any carpenter should be able to do this.
    If you're planing on staying in your home or studio for a few years I would consider it.
    But if you got the hands and tools then go ahead and do it yourself.
    I mean just the time you invested to do that picture means that you'll likely won't settle for anything but exactly your specs.

• I mean just the time you invested to do that picture means that you'll likely won't settle for anything but exactly your specs.

That took all of 5 minutes to plan on paper, and another 5 minutes to draw & render :D

Edit:
    All the "complex" things were imported from a library of 3D models. I just did the table and the Kemper.

Edited once, last by Torniojaws ().

• I think if you can and have the wherewithal it's your best option. You'll get exactly what you want! I mean you could probably find something in a big box store but would it be perfect, probably not. :thumbup:

If you have the skills that's what I would recommend. I have almost zero skills but did it to my own spec and am totally happy with the results.

• I've been planning for a while to build a copy of the Output Platform desk. It's pretty simple, and you can find decent plans on their website (not everything is explained, but it's not bad). However, it's been a few months, and I've just been too busy, I am getting closer to just buying the thing...it's not a horrible price.

I recommend you use true Baltic Birch for any such project, other plywoods may work, BB will work. This is what Output uses for the construction of the desk, cabinet-grade BB.

Anyway, isn't the same as what you posted, but it's pretty simple and good-looking, maybe you can get some ideas from it or something.

https://output.com/platform

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Our very own HW seem to have that as well if I'm not mistaken:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(thought I had seen it recently)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Absolutely!

I’m a cheapskate. I’m using the solid metal bases from my old Target stands on top of two yoga blocks which cas about £2 each :)

I'm using the Finnish/Canadian method - ice hockey pucks! ;) Similar to this:

If you're not familiar with ice hockey, the pucks are made entirely out of rubber, so they are very good for insulating the speaker vibrations from the table :) And they cost about 2 euros / 2,5 USD per piece. Which is significantly less than the isoacoustics pucks that cost 100+ :D

[Blocked Image: http://juhau.mbnet.fi/puck.PNG]

• he will use the editor...oh...never mind. Lol

Jokes aside, I do in fact use Rig Manager for most things :) In practice, changing between profiles quickly, eg. when recording 2+2 rhythm tracks (two amps) and also separate clean & lead profiles, plus bass. The spin-dial and up/down buttons UI on the Kemper itself is eh... old school. In the RM, you can just double-click ;)