Musicmad's shenanigans - songs and solos - 6 solo takes up :)

• Hm it's been a year since I posted anything. That's depressing. Played around with a solo cover tonight:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profile is the JD Petrucci thingy that someone posted a while back.

Sounds brilliant, very, very tasty playing

• Thanks all. Really motivating to get some feedback!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just for fun. Was the only one turning up for band practice. Preview of our unreleased song Shame:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well played on all tracks.

Thanks. I'll let the guys know :). Mimed everything, including not hitting the cymbals. (or heads for that matter)

• Worked a bit on a solo today - did a raw recording of 6 unedited takes. Probably of interest to approx. nobody :). Anyway - here it is. A homage to two of my biggest heros learning to play guitar. Any guesses?

By accident I ended up on the JP profile that's been posted for a while. It's just inspiring to me, but so are many others. Don't really take notice these days.

• Worked a bit on a solo today - did a raw recording of 6 unedited takes. Probably of interest to approx. nobody :). Anyway - here it is. A homage to two of my biggest heros learning to play guitar. Any guesses?

By accident I ended up on the JP profile that's been posted for a while. It's just inspiring to me, but so are many others. Don't really take notice these days.

Lovely playing as always sir 🤘

• musicmad

Changed the title of the thread from “Musicmad's shenanigans - songs and solos - New solo up! Monuments” to “Musicmad's shenanigans - songs and solos - 6 solo takes up :)”.
  • I don't fret about accidents or mess-ups because they mostly turn out to be better than the plan. Keep Rockin' people.

For sure. Not going for the perfect take. Just the one with the most emotions and impact.

• I love your playing Niko! Six great runs, super tasty! Referencing John Sykes? That's what I hear in those lines... :thumbup: 8)

Maybe :). But yeah. This is definitely more of a lick based solo.

• Some Saturday morning fun. Check out the latest single from Judas Priest. It's fantastic :).

Profile is a Marshall from dgburns. Thanks man - you are a legend :)

Tabs if you like to fuck around too: https://drive.google.com/file/…Yz2rKH6W3bcrOkCripO5/view