Musicmad's shenanigans - songs and solos - 6 solo takes up :)

• Thanks guys! Hoping to release the full song this #OriginalFriday.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Full song is up.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As always really open for comments on mix and performance. Especially want the rhythm guitars to hit as hard as possible.

Rhythm guitars are quad tracked with Guidorist JVM Marshall 04 and a Fortin profile.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Have been thinking about getting a backup unit for my powered rack. Found the perfect candidate :)

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Messing around with some Kiko in the recently shared JP2C profile:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Playing is not perfect but it gets the job done :)

Playing is not perfect but it gets the job done :)

I appreciate that. I heard a semi-famous guitarist once say that his recorded tracks are not perfect, and he never plays perfect on stage because he is human. So, I decided to do my mixes in one single take and leave the mistakes in. I think it makes you more genuine (also makes you play better). I actually thought before learning guitar that I would have to be perfect at it, but that is not true.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I appreciate that. I heard a semi-famous guitarist once say that his recorded tracks are not perfect, and he never plays perfect on stage because he is human. So, I decided to do my mixes in one single take and leave the mistakes in. I think it makes you more genuine (also makes you play better). I actually thought before learning guitar that I would have to be perfect at it, but that is not true.

Absolutely true. I find too perfect a bit boring. There are mistakes you end up loving. But in all fairness also a lot you don't :)

• Yeah he's a natural talent. Nothing seems to be difficult for this guy. Thanks for the comments on the bends and vibs. Those are some of my best features :)

• Oh, by the way which ReampZone Dual Rec profile did you use? I have that pack and the same guitar so..:)

Hi GearJocke - Just fitted some nice EMG 81/85s on my EC-1000. Not sure I got the pickup rings oriented in the right position though. Could you by any chance check if this looks the same way on yours?

The taller parts are towards the bridge - and they look identical.

• It looks like the pickup frame on bridge pickups is wrong. The higher should be toward the neck. I measured and it's only like 1 milimeter difference. I don't have any reading glasses here around the computer though. I was going to swap the pickups on the ec-1000 but decided for once not do it. It feels nice to have at least one guitar without swapped pickups. If you ever want to swap to another set emg I can highly recommend the bone breaker set.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Thanks man. Just as I thought. I'm an idiot.

• Latest solo for our next tune My Revenge - Still work in progress. Profile is KM - Thrash directly from the factory.

External Content youtu.be

• Hm it's been a year since I posted anything. That's depressing. Played around with a solo cover tonight:

External Content youtu.be

Profile is the JD Petrucci thingy that someone posted a while back.