Musicmad's shenanigans - songs and solos - 6 solo takes up :)

• Finished tracking the next solo yesterday. Pretty darn happy with this one :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profile is Reampzone's Keeley boosted Jerry Cantrell amp profile. Can't recommend it enough.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You can be! Great solo, well played and great sound! Very cool :thumbup:8)

Thanks man. Fun to play. Man I love this instrument.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Loved how you introduced the "unexpected" note at 37s, Niko. 8):thumbup:

Wow - didn't expect anyone to pick up on that :). Good ears!

• ...and thanks all. We released the full song split-screen style today:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great song musicmad and very well produced. Love the sound of that recording and the great heavy vibe. Those double bass parts kick ass! Cool guys... :thumbup:8)

Again great guitar solo. Very tasteful!

Thanks! Mix and (somewhat) mastered by yours truly.

Vocals are recorded with two iphones! One for the cue track, and another one recording both video and audio. Mixed the audio track from the video for the lead vocal afterwards. Pretty happy with how that turned out :)

You gotta work with what you've got these days.

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Wow - didn't expect anyone to pick up on that :). Good ears!

Hey all I have are my ears and I pride myself on 'em, mate. Hoping a good ear and zero talent in the small-finger-athlete department will get me somewhere one day. :pinch: :D

I love the way the song chugs along; great groove man. The lead fits even-better now that the vox is done. Excellent! :love:

Also, great job with the iPhone audio and mixing. You made it work, Niko. 8)

• Vocals are recorded with two iphones!

Wow! That's impressive. I was actually about to ask when I saw the video how the vocals were recorded. Actually that's water on my son's mills as he claims that meanwhile Apple has taken even consumer devices onto a level where you can produce professional stuff with it (he does serious filming with it). I remember some years ago there was already one Hollywood blockbuster who claimed to be filmed with iPhones. Now turning my head over to the mid price condenser mics I have... nodding... shaking my head... 8o

Also, great job with the iPhone audio and mixing.

This! How the signal is treated in the mix is half of the way for sure. Well done!

• Appreciate the comments - thanks! The sound on the iphone was surprisingly good. Obviously had more room sound that usual since it was record with the phone on a table, some distance from the singer. So I to go lighter on the compression than I used to, to not bring too much room sound up. But it worked.

• Another week - another song :)

External Content www.youtube.com

Tracked on the almighty Hohner ST Special!

• Great feedback. Thanks!