Interface coax spdif with word clock?

• Hey, just having problems with my SPDIF output, or lets say signal chain. Using the Kempers SPDIF out, into Lindy coax / optical konverter, and into Mac optical input.

But I got crackles.

As far as I now know, this is a problem of SPDIF clock, and here in my chain the Lindy is working as a master, as this thing can not receive word clock. So as the Lindy is the master, the Kemper should be set to slave, to make all work properly. But it is not possible to set Kemper to slave mode, as posted by Christoph K.

So now I am looking for an interface, in a good price range that offers coax SPDIF in, SPDIF optical out, and word clock option, so the Kempers SPDIF clock will be the master ......... and the signal then should be fine.

Any ideas about such an interface?

Cheers, Acy!

Edited 2 times, last by ACY ().

• I'm still using an old Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 which was pretty cheap at the time and it works great. They are available used but I assume the Scarlett series will work equally well and aren't much more expensive new than a used Saffire. The 6i6 would seem to be the nearest comparison to mine as the smaller Solo 2i2 and 4i4 don't seem to have SPDIF.

• Thanks, I think will have to give the 6i6 a try. The other "may be" option could be ESI U24 XL, ..... but not sure if that would work properly with my mac system. I do not need any mic support, to the 6i6 would also be a buy with not needed waste, ...... would be so easy if Kemper would offer slave mode. Any ideas or experience with the ESI and mac?

• Also running on 10.13 ...... may be I give that ESI a try, ....... also interesting .... it also offers optical out, so I could use the optical in of my mac as I would like to do.

• If you need about 8 inputs and 8 outputs, I think the Fireface UCX should do the job for you.

• "If you need about 8 inputs and 8 outputs, I think the Fireface UCX should do the job for you."

I do not need a single input or output beside the SPDIF signal, as I need the interface for SPDIF only. I think the cheapest option here is the 6i6.

• "If you need about 8 inputs and 8 outputs, I think the Fireface UCX should do the job for you."

I do not need a single input or output beside the SPDIF signal, as I need the interface for SPDIF only. I think the cheapest option here is the 6i6.

It is the cheapest option, but do check out some of the threads here about problems with the Scarlett stuff and the Kemper not playing well together. Quite a few threads.