Configuring the FC200 expression pedal for wha

• Hi all. I tried setting up the FC200 midi board with my Kemper. It works fine for switching between the rigs. However the expression pedal seems to work as volume pedal per default. How do I configure the expression pedal to serve as wha? I am of course using a profile that has wha activated.

• The pedal is obviously configured to send MIDI control change #7 (Volume). If you want to control Wah instead you need to change the configuration of the board to send MIDI control change #1 instead. Possible, that this is not a global setting in the board, but that you need to modify this in every single preset - at least those presets you use.

• Here's how:

With the FC200 off ... press and hold the CTL (control) pedal then turn the FC200 on - (This is the routine for accessing the edit mode)

The Screen (!) will alternatively flash Ch and a number (probably 1) which is the MIDI channel setting

Press pedal 3 three times (if you overshoot pedal 2 will take you back - similarly pedals 1 and 4 will scroll)

The screen will now flash CE (expression pedal) and a number (likely 7 if it has been working as a volume)

Press bank down until the number flashing is 1

Press CTL to save

This is a Global setting so you won't need to make any other adjustments. When there is a wah in the profile the pedal will WAH! If not, it willl VOL! NB when you switch to a wah make sure the pedal is a suitable volume first else you may get silence!

This assumes that you have checked (on the kpa) - System page 5/18 - Wah\Pedal > Vol.

• This is a Global setting so you won't need to make any other adjustments. When there is a wah in the profile the pedal will WAH! If not, it willl VOL! NB when you switch to a wah make sure the pedal is a suitable volume first else you may get silence!

If you switch from a Rig without a wah effect to another with a wah effect while the pedal rests in heel position, there won't be complete silence. In that scenario pedal volume will default to 25%, if your PROFILER operating system is current.

• If you switch from a Rig without a wah effect to another with a wah effect while the pedal rests in heel position, there won't be complete silence. In that scenario pedal volume will default to 25%, if your PROFILER operating system is current.

Ah, my bad. Nonetheless, given that I normally ride the pedal in the region of 75% then 25% is of little use to me. It would be nice to be able to user set that value.

• Here's how:

With the FC200 off ... press and hold the CTL (control) pedal then turn the FC200 on - (This is the routine for accessing the edit mode)

Andy, you're a life saver! Thank you so much! I have no idea what I just did there, but it worked! :D

The volume does however not work on the other profiles now. It's not a big deal, but would you happen to know why? It work before I made these changes...

• You're welcome ... Enjoy!

You could also try

With the FC200 off ... press and hold the CTL (control) pedal then turn the FC200 on.

Press pedal 3 ... Cc flashes ... Set value to 11
    Press pedal 3 (again) Lc flashes ... Set value OF
    Press CTL to save

The CTL pedal will now activate Morph! (needs to be held down)
    You could set Lc to On (Latch On) but this will get out of step when you change profiles