How about an editor?

• I don't care if this is "not cool", as a second time Kemper owner, I find it disgraceful that a company with this many kemper sales around the world doesn't have a real editor. If it wasn't for the tone, I'd have sold my Kemper a long time ago. It's the ONLY thing keeping me hanging on. I'm buying my 3rd Axe FX XL+ just to have a good workflow and easy configuration of patches on my rig. This is just painful...Kemper, get your act together, seriously. I have spoken to numerous friends who would buy a Kemper but are not because of the non existent patch editor. Please, give us a real answer as to why one does not exist??????? I'm fed up. You are losing TONS of customers to Fractal. Is this how the CEO runs their business???? What are you thinking guys?????? Yes, I'm pissed and seriously sick of waiting. Right now my Kemper is basically an ornament in my music studio that only gets turned on to play a few good sounding rigs.

Guitar & amp junkie from Ottawa, Canada

• Dude, have you tried this: Toast ME: the Unofficial Kemper Editor

I love it!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Meh. Eventide got the same bunch of people who were all bent outta shape about not having an Android version of H9 Control. Yeah, it made things WAYYYYYYYYY easier, and I`m sure there were a handful of people who opted for another brand for it but in the end, the people who really wanted an H9 made it work because it is just superior to the competition in ways that matter to them. I would love a nice, rich editor for my KPA, especially now that I`m dialing in some very specific delay algorithms. But I`m not going to throw a tantrum about it. Trust me, I get it. We live in a world of convenience and we have been conditioned to expect it.

FWIW, I`ve used the CTRLR editor for my grandmeisters. The platform is archaic but it works and I`ll certainly give it a whirl for the KPA.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• I think they said it was being worked on. Kemper always seem to put features that contribute to the sound and tone first thought, which is the way it should be.

Although I could probably make use of an editor occasionally, ask me if I prefer that or the new reverbs, or maybe a Mimiq type effect and it is an easy decision.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Thanks for the replies, but I'm still shocked, purely from a business perspective, they these guys have not released an editor yet. The fact that Kemper customers can create their own editors is a testament to the fact that it can be done. I just am shocked that they are losing tons of customers because of this.....I know this for a fact. I'm the king pin modeller guru of my city and speak with people all the time that are choosing Fractal simply because of the patch editor.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I post that with absolutely no ill will, only a bit of humor.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Meh. Eventide got the same bunch of people who were all bent outta shape about not having an Android version of H9 Control. Yeah, it made things WAYYYYYYYYY easier, and I`m sure there were a handful of people who opted for another brand for it but in the end, the people who really wanted an H9 made it work because it is just superior to the competition in ways that matter to them. I would love a nice, rich editor for my KPA, especially now that I`m dialing in some very specific delay algorithms. But I`m not going to throw a tantrum about it. Trust me, I get it. We live in a world of convenience and we have been conditioned to expect it.

FWIW, I`ve used the CTRLR editor for my grandmeisters. The platform is archaic but it works and I`ll certainly give it a whirl for the KPA.

I'm getting back pain from bending over turning knobs...it's downright ridiculous. I have to see a chiropractor thanks to Kemper Gmbh.....

• I don't care if this is "not cool", as a second time Kemper owner, I find it disgraceful that a company with this many kemper sales around the world doesn't have a real editor. If it wasn't for the tone, I'd have sold my Kemper a long time ago. It's the ONLY thing keeping me hanging on. I'm buying my 3rd Axe FX XL+ just to have a good workflow and easy configuration of patches on my rig. This is just painful...Kemper, get your act together, seriously. I have spoken to numerous friends who would buy a Kemper but are not because of the non existent patch editor. Please, give us a real answer as to why one does not exist??????? I'm fed up. You are losing TONS of customers to Fractal. Is this how the CEO runs their business???? What are you thinking guys?????? Yes, I'm pissed and seriously sick of waiting. Right now my Kemper is basically an ornament in my music studio that only gets turned on to play a few good sounding rigs.

I sincerely appreciate your venting as a need to get it off your chest. I've done the same in a manner.

The ONLY thing is I can say patience is a virtue with Kemper as he does deliver and when he does it's great and unique.

Will this ease the pain for you? Of course not but I'm hoping you don't post anymore on the topic as it'll have you regretting it down the track if you do. We've all seen your post and understand it with nothing more to add needed.

It'll come but we all have zero control on this so please sit back and wait with the rest of us.

• I personally don't care about an editor OR the new reverbs. Neither of them will change my wolrd but I won't spit my dummy out the pram when they arrive because I know some folks will benefit from them; and I might even have some fun playing around with them for a night or two.

One of the reasons (apart for the sound) that I went Kemper Toaster was the easy workflow and real knobs. I seriously considered AxeFx and Helix but the editing environment is just overwhelming for me. I have editors for most things and rarely use them.

I just want to plug in load a good tone and play.

I would however, REALLY appreciate an overhaul of Rig Manager to store and organise rigs but beyond that I'm fine whether we get an editor or not.

• I'm getting back pain from bending over turning knobs...it's downright ridiculous. I have to see a chiropractor thanks to Kemper Gmbh.....

I'd get carpal tunnel from constantly using a mouse for editing. Thanks, Kemper Gmbh, for saving my hands for guitar playing. :thumbup::D

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I know it's like shooting fish in a barrel but you shouldn't as it'll make things worse for him.

Appreciate his frustration and his learning curve re Kemper's ways and methodology of delivering.

We all had to learn it ourselves.

• @Man_With_Gas I can and do appreciate coughlinkellys frustration - while personally I don't feel the same need for an editor - there are things about the KPA that I think could be better. It's not his point that was being made fun of, it was the method delivery.

@coughlinkelly - sometimes I struggle to see the need for an editor that other people such as yourself do, I think it must come down to different ways of using the KPA. I've had the most positive experience with it when I use it like a traditional amp, I believe that this was Mr K's original design intent and for me this is how it feels most satisfying to use. Obviously we are all different and have different needs and workflow requiements that the KPA should be able to satisfy. How do you use it? What's your typical set up/workflow and how would an editor benefit it?

I know this topic has been talked about to death and I don't want to flog a dead horse but I'm just curious - after reading pages upon page over months on the other editor thread about that was eventually shut down I was amazed how passionate some users are about the need for an editor and how so many others like myself are so unmoved by the prospect. It must come down to a mixture of personal preference and the need to satisfy different requirements from the KPA, but I don't understand what those requirements are beyond convenience.

• I think I’m more intrigued by this notion that there is some sort of competition between digital platforms among users. Do people actually care if one unit is more popular than another? If so, do you feel it reflects poorly on your decision making skills?

I have quite a few high gain tube amps and I purchased the Kemper to capture all my favorite tones. I have never once thought that I should check with the rest of my region to see if I should be using this or Fractal. I don’t care what other guys use, or which is more popular.

You’re not the first guy to request an editor, so I understand that people would like one. It just seems a bit covetous to me: the degenerative “it’s not fair, those guys have it so we should have it too” mentality. If the editor is that important to you, and the available third party option is deemed unacceptable; then sell the Kemper and get another AxeFX or Helix or whatever the group has decided is best for your money.

• @Man_With_Gas I can and do appreciate coughlinkellys frustration - while personally I don't feel the same need for an editor - there are things about the KPA that I think could be better. It's not his point that was being made fun of, it was the method delivery.

@coughlinkelly - sometimes I struggle to see the need for an editor that other people such as yourself do, I think it must come down to different ways of using the KPA. I've had the most positive experience with it when I use it like a traditional amp, I believe that this was Mr K's original design intent and for me this is how it feels most satisfying to use. Obviously we are all different and have different needs and workflow requiements that the KPA should be able to satisfy. How do you use it? What's your typical set up/workflow and how would an editor benefit it?

I know this topic has been talked about to death and I don't want to flog a dead horse but I'm just curious - after reading pages upon page over months on the other editor thread about that was eventually shut down I was amazed how passionate some users are about the need for an editor and how so many others like myself are so unmoved by the prospect. It must come down to a mixture of personal preference and the need to satisfy different requirements from the KPA, but I don't understand what those requirements are beyond convenience.

Do you still use an USB stick to manually transfer rigs to your Kemper, or do you use Rig Manager to transfer/preview rigs?

What do you prefer, editing the delay settings over 6 pages on the tiny Kemper display, or having access to all on your computer screen?