An Interesting Exercise Comparing Profiles

• I'll start by saying I love the MBritt Grab n Go Pack. I could do any gig I get hired for with the profiles in that pack.

So, this evening, using profiles from that pack, I made performances using profiles of the same amp varying from cleanest in the left slot to dirtiest in the right slot. I went through each set of amp profiles and chose the clean profile I liked, put it in the the left slot, chose the next "dirtiest" profile, put it in slot 2, etc, etc with the heaviest/dirtiest profile in the rightmost slot. I did this with the Prince Rec, Tweedy Verb, WC Spanky, Town Car, and Zee Maz 18. (The Tweedy Verb didn't have a super-gainy profile, so I used the MB-Tweed Champ 4 and tweaked it a little)

I liked that, in one performance, I could change through the various gain levels, but have the characteristics of the same amp.

I found that this allowed me to easily compare the amps at similar gain levels by scrolling up or down. For instance, to my ears, the WC Spanky and the Town Car are very similar at all gain levels. Using these performances to compare, I think I will eventually make a performance made up of my favorite profiles from each amp at each gain level.

Oh, by the way, I used Rig Manager to audition the profiles with the Profiler in Performance mode. Once I had the Profiles in the slots, I saved the entire Performance. For the first two performances, all went well. For the last three, the Profiler did not save/display the profile names in the slots; the slots just display "Slot". Can anyone tell me what I did wrong, or give the workflow to have the names populate. I realize I can manually change the names in Rig Manager.

This was easy, and fun and, I hope, informative.
    Thanks

Be Thankful.

• Its really good to have the same amp, but different mic positions (or tweaks) in each slot of a performance for when you record too - especially for re-amping!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.