Don't hesitate to BUY profiles too !!!

• First I must say YES we can find great profiles on the rig exchange. That's true For free and if you tweak them you'll get great sounds. But thats not my point here

To buy a Kemper full equipped with cabinets, controller, plus good guitars thats a big investment. Many thousand of dollars. So when its time to get good profiles its important to be selective and find the very best. And dont be stopped coz you have to get dollards out of your pocket. On the market we can find very affordable rigs (exemple 25$ ) I will personnally buy rigs EVERY MONTHS and as this thread IS NOT A PUB to any specific name I wont name anyone. Thats not my goal her to say buy this or that. I just say buy ! I've been looking around and there is thousand of sounds I wanna buy. And after spending thousand of dollars I want the very best rig I can find so 25$ every month wont ruin me . Lets encourage those cies (ALL OF THEM) that take great care to get the best amp they can and work very hard to give us the best profiles they can. for us to enjoy without having to tweak for hours . THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

8)8)8) Th G Force

• While I have bought lots of profiles over the years my main profile is a free one.

So, as another perspective, I encourage people to profile their own amps the way they want to hear them.
    This way quality content gets generated.

I'm playing Kemper since 2012, and the quality of profiles showing up on RE has improved all the time.

Everybody can do it, not only professionals.

• Sure Ingolf but as I sold my AC30 to buy a Kemper my situation is different. Also I want the profiles of thousand of amps. I wont start to rent 100 amps and work to profile all of them . So I prefer to buy for now from professional that are doing SUPER JOB at that, and concentrate on the music I create... But one day for fun yes I will rent an amp and profile it ... But not yet

• Well not me , the majority are rigs that I bought (and tweaked a bit) Well everyone got a different experience with Kemper... but there is no amp now in my studio so I wont bother to rent one or ask a friend to carry one here as i collect and adjust all the sounds I want. Rig exchange is cool too but my point here was to encourage those cies so the continue to create great rigs at reasonnable price.

• Yes, and profiling is so much more than setting mic in front of an amp. Well, at least it can be. Sure, you can get great sounds from a single mic in a lucky instance but there is an art to it as all of the producers from the past know.

I have had my Kemper for about 5 years. Many times I was frustrated and many times I had convinced myself I was happy with the feel and sound. The same amp can be profiled by different people and the profiles can sound and feel very different.

It can cost A LOT to create a great setup.

Today, I am extremely happy with my profiler. Never could that have happened without the $$$ and countless hours I have invested.

• No one debates that miking an amp and creating a profile is a craft (I wouldn’t go as far to call it an art).

You find people that have mastered this craft among professionals (of course) but also among (so called) amateurs.
    If it’s a labour of love the profile will sound good.

• Quoted from Google:

"Most people do not see any difference between art and craft as they are both considered to be forms of creativity. ...Art is a form of work that is the expression of emotions. Craft is a form of work, which results in a tangible output, for example, moulding and carving."

Exactly my sentiments. I still think they are different. And according to the Google quote miking an amp and creating a profile is a craft.
    Semantics. ;)

• I suppose it depends on if someone is referring to the actual profiling process or the emotion the sound creates. There is definitely emotions tied to tone. As when I hit the right synergistic effect of all things there is definitely and emotional expression attached.

Even strumming one chord.

Now the emotion will be perceived different by different players or listeners.

• Well I spend a lot of time to tweak the sounds I buy or those I download on RExchange. First of all one thing struck me when I made an A and B comparaison, it was that the same RIG with two different guitars (say a Gibson and Strat) sound totally different. It can even be BAD with one and SUPERB with the other. So I started to classified my rigs and indicates which guitar and even the position of the pick up. Then I classified with the name of the song I use it for, and the tempo etc I also fine tune with the compression the EQ the definition knob the delay etc . SO for me that enough to keep me busy for a while. I must say that I'm a new kemper user so learning the stomps the stack and the effects , listening to all the rigs on sale, and choose in the RExchange all that is time consuming. I must keep some time to make music too ;) So anyway I must say that I will try to profile an amp later on, but I dont see a need to do that now. Just a question of priority . And I can hear that many are good at profiling so I prefer to use or buy their talent . Thanks for the discussion a lot of point of views here and thats normal , were all musician and guitarist but everyone works different than the other . We probably make different styles of music too, some work more in studio, others on live shows... Its all too much ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: GForce

• I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments on here guys...

My salvation has been through the Tone Junkie Profiles, which are the best Ive personally tried.
    Im at the point now where Ive bought the ‘Everything’ Pack, as they are that good.

Ive learnt to trust the profiles from HW and the team.

Im fortunate to own a Carr Rambler, and the TJ Profiles are exactly the same, and I mean exactly !

Ive inly just started working through them, and the highlight so far has been the excellent Milkman profiles.

• Quoted from Google:

"Most people do not see any difference between art and craft as they are both considered to be forms of creativity. ...Art is a form of work that is the expression of emotions. Craft is a form of work, which results in a tangible output, for example, moulding and carving."

Exactly.

Craft is art applied.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I’ve had great results with commercial profiles and have several great packs from Mbritt and Tone Junkie. That said, my go-to profiles these days are the Wylde Bassmn E and I from the RE. Simply magical for edge-of-breakup tones with single coils!

• I buy profiles instead of the rig exchange. I bought a single pack of all the amp packs of amps that I always wanted but could never afford the actual amp like the BE-100 from reampzone, JP-2c from SinMix etc and now just using my Tonecrate membership to give me some variety of tones. I've grabbed quite a few off the rig exchange and it seemed that my taste and what people rate highly are different.

• I think while buying profiles can get you good results, actually profiling an amp at a good studio after dialling in your settings is the best way forward with the Kemper!

Honestly, it could be a commercial profile of some $3k amp and a $1k amp, but the way you dial it in based on the sound in your head will always shine through.

If you don't know this stuff, do it at a professional studio. If you're into experimenting, just mic up a cab and shoot as many profiles as you like. I'd always recommend profiling with a preamp and possibly some compression.