Behringer FCB1010 as KPA FootController with Stompbox Access - the solution ?

• Yes, that's exactly what I use. Together with the Ripwerx Software it is quite easy to program and works like a charm!!
    Let me know if you have any more questions about it!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Yes, using it! Everything works as expected (preset change, stomp box on/off, delay TAP...), except I couldn't active both expression pedals (wah & volume). When pressing them both at the same time, they crash Kemper. I deactivated the other one which resolved the problem. That's ok for me, since I need only wah.

• Yes, using it! Everything works as expected (preset change, stomp box on/off, delay TAP...), except I couldn't active both expression pedals (wah & volume). When pressing them both at the same time, they crash Kemper. I deactivated the other one which resolved the problem. That's ok for me, since I need only wah.

You have passed the problem to the Kemper support? Is the problem with other users even occurred?

• I have no problems using both padels on the FCB (uno chip installed) at the same time. By activating padals you mean in the System section of the KPA? If so you don't need to activate the padels on the KPA. They will work when you assign the correct CC Numbers.

• I have no problems using both padels on the FCB (uno chip installed) at the same time. By activating padals you mean in the System section of the KPA? If so you don't need to activate the padels on the KPA. They will work when you assign the correct CC Numbers.

No, I mean activating them in FCB1010. So, the other one does not send CC messages when pressing it.

This makes my Kemper crash every time. Program other pedal send CC#1 and other CC#7.
    a) Turn on FCB1010
    b) Turn on Kemper
    c) After Kemper is up, start pressing both pedals at the same time
    => Kemper crash with green screen

If I, before touching the pedals, first select a profile with FCB1010 it feeled more stable. Though I didn't test that too much.

• Yes KPA en FCB 1010 + uno are a very good match. I have my FCB 1010 for more than 10 years and it never let me down. I've used it with lexicon mpx g2, axe fx, for amp channel switch and I'm now using it with the KPA. Programming is eay using ripwerx. Solid as a rock!

• With my KPA this works like charm. Never had a crash caused by the FCB :thumbup:
    I suggest you to check the midi data you are sending with the FCB while moving both pedals. This can be done with ripwerx as well. Don't send unneccessary midi messages, then it should work.
    By the way I don't have connected two midi cables. I use only one to send midi messages to the KPA but two cables should also work.

• I was thinking of buying an FCB1010 that's available used, but have no familiarity with a MIDI controller. For example, what is the UNO chip? Is there something I should be looking for in this unit before buying it? If it doesn't have the UNO chip, what does it take to upgrade it? Thanks for any help!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I was thinking of buying an FCB1010 that's available used, but have no familiarity with a MIDI controller. For example, what is the UNO chip? Is there something I should be looking for in this unit before buying it? If it doesn't have the UNO chip, what does it take to upgrade it? Thanks for any help!

The UNO chip enables the FCB to operate in two modes: down row is for preset switching, upper row is for stompbox switching.
    You can order the eprom directly at the developer (http://www.ossandust.be/).
    It's very easy to apply the UNO Chip to the FCB. I've done it twice.

• The UNO chip enables the FCB to operate in two modes: down row is for preset switching, upper row is for stompbox switching.

... or you can configure presets to upper row and stops down, as I did.

To be honest programming FCB is not very easy, if you are not familiar with MIDI. The easiest way to do it is to hook it to a PC with MIDI cable and get an editor (I'm using Ripwerx). So prepare some time to learn. But when you get used to it, it's very quick and easy to change configuration.

• The only way I've been able to green screen the KPA every time is if I set it to CC0. The midimate seems to store that by preset and not globally like the all-access does. Very suprising when it happened.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44