Using a Kemper, and allocating effects from an external processor to both 'Stomp A & B'.

• Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I have looked at past threads, and the Kemper performance Mode tutorial, but I can't see any reference.

So using an external processor, I have its reverb coming Stomp A, via the mono loop. Ok, that's fine, but does anyone know how I get another effect, delay etc, through Stomp B, using a similar method?
    All the obvious things don't work.

Thanks folks, in anticipation of an enlightened soul. ;(

I'd imagine turning them on & off with the Kemper remote will work exactly the same as using/programming the Kemper's stomps?

I

• How do you switch them on & off independently though? Can you do it as if they were effects in the Kemper?
    I currently have the reverb in Stomp box A.
    How do you assign a reverb to Stomp A, and a delay to Stomp B?
    I'm sure I am missing something obvious here... lol

Also, do you assign that 'particular' reverb patch via midi, so it's always there?

Edited once, last by LiamUK ().

• If you have the FX loop assigned to Slot A, You cannot assign a second FX loop in the same rig or Performance Slot, because there is only one FX loop.

But, you can connect the two External effects in series, in the FX loop. If they are MIDI controllable, you can use Performance Mode to change the status of the two effects in the one loop when you change Performance Slots.

• Yes, that's what I am trying to do :) 'How' is another matter... lol

Trying to find the relevant midi numbers for the effects, and then putting them in the Kemper in the right way. I know he mentions this in the Performance video, but I am clearly in a lobotomised state today..

• Since you anyway have them in stomps A and B, why not just run both into the input of the Kemper after your guitar? Just a quick stomp on either pedal to turn it on or off :)

If you want to be able to change patches, best to do it as @paults suggested, using the midi PC messages in performance mode. Of course, I'd say don't even bother using them in the loop. You could just keep them in front of the KPA, thereby saving all four pre-amp slots for whatever else you want to put in there.