profiles of unusual amps?

• Are there decent profiles of any of the following?

Standel: popular jazz amp, Wes Montgomery for example. had a 15" JBL speaker.

Lab Series L5: Odd solidstate amp with unique characteristics. BB King toured with them for awhile, and didn't the guitarist for Kings X use them too?

Pearce G1 or G2R: interesting solidstate amp. neat through a Mesa Thiele cab loaded with EV EVM12L.

Pignose: essential for some Zappa tones.

Korg A3. actually a tone off an early multieffect processor,. Someone should capture that spanky clean, slightly chorussed sound favored by Albert Lee.

Ok, one more, then I'll go away. :)

Pat Metheny is apparently a Kemper user. Any idea what he might have profiled? i.e. what was his favored rig just before acquiring the Kemper? I know that 20 years ago, it was the Digitech GSP2101's clean tone.

• I have a mint Pearce G2R … I should do a profile of it, I never even thought of trying it as I just do profiles of my tube amplifiers so far…
    Ty Tabor of Kings X, Lab Series L5…yep! In my opinion the best examples of this amplifier are on Kings X ‘Gretchen goes to Nebraska’ and ‘Faith Hope and Love’…
    ...that amplifier is all over the first bunch of kings X albums, until he started using Boogie Rectifiers on Dog Man and switched through many, many amplifiers since then

• I have a Pignose 7-100 in Tweed Edition and I have done a speaker out mod to it, so I can use some bigger cabinets with it. I also have a Two Notes Torpedo CAB and there is a very nice virtual cab from a vintage Pignose 5” speaker from the first series made round 1973. I could try to combine this and get some decent rigs out of it, if someone is interested.

• no CAPS LOCK please - title edited

WHAT DID YOU SAY, Don?!
    :D

He sure was!!
    He still is designing for ART last I read.
    I did so many sessions with those amps.
    I still have one of the modded ones he did for Holdsworth and Montrose.
    What a great amp!

Ahhhh, Bill, are you talking about the G1?…
    Those are great sounding amps, For some reason I ended up with a G2R, but I have played through a G1 and they are extremely organic sounding and feeling…

• @BlindGuitarist As promised, I have captured the sound of my Pignose 7-100. I have not used the virtual cab from Two Notes Torpedo Cab, because I wanted the real deal in my Kemper. So I took some time and a Shure SM57 to make a profile pack with 18 rigs (of course with the original 5" speaker :thumbup: ). You can download in the first post here: Amporium - Pignose Pack for free

Hope you like it. Tell me, if you can get some Zappa tones out of it.

• I have a mint Pearce G2R … I should do a profile of it, I never even thought of trying it as I just do profiles of my tube amplifiers so far…
    Ty Tabor of Kings X, Lab Series L5…yep! In my opinion the best examples of this amplifier are on Kings X ‘Gretchen goes to Nebraska’ and ‘Faith Hope and Love’…
    ...that amplifier is all over the first bunch of kings X albums, until he started using Boogie Rectifiers on Dog Man and switched through many, many amplifiers since then

From what I recall reading in an interview, Ty used the EQ section of the Lab 5 for his unique tone, but not the power section.
    Denis Kager passed away today. I have a Sundown head I would like to profile someday. Also a Roost, (similar to HiWatt's) and a gaggle of other unique amps. Not sure when I'll get around to profiling them but I'll likely post here on the forum.

• Pat Metheny is apparently a Kemper user. Any idea what he might have profiled? i.e. what was his favored rig just before acquiring the Kemper? I know that 20 years ago, it was the Digitech GSP2101's clean tone.

Besides the fingers and virtuoso aspect of Pat Metheny, the quality guitar he use is very important to get his tone. I realised using my Kemper that if you switch guitars you'll get a VERY DIFFERENT sound on any Kemper profile. My point here is that even if you grab the exact same Kemper profile than Pat you wont get the same tone unless you got the same guitar than him...