Simple Q: Amp/Cab naming

• Hey all, first post here and a brand spanking new KP owner, still wet behind the ears.

I'm working through factory presets and am reading the Basics manual as I go, Main Reference and Profiling Guide to come later.

As I'm scrolling through the rigs and look at the stack params, the Amp and Cab, I try to figure out what the source is by looking at the name. Some are obvious (Oranj, Twin), others I've figured out over a bit of time (I slapped my forehead when I finally realized what MeBo represented). But others are completely stumping me.

Question: is there a reference anywhere for what amps and cabs these coded names refer to? (I'm guessing they don't just say the actual brand name for legal reasons.)

Soon will be the profiling, but baby steps... BABY STEPS.

Woof.

Nothin' too good for my dog.

• I'm in the same boat mate - had my Kemper 2 days and trying to figure out some amp and can names. I'm just grateful we can edit the tags for them so I can insert the 'correct' names and make it easier for my addled brain.

• To expand on this.... is it possible to somehow download a file of the amp and cab tags, and edit them directly (either via Excel or CSV etc.), and then re-upload them to the Kemper? Just thinking that would be much faster than going into each rig in Rig manager and altering the tags.

• Each vendor and uploader in the exchange modifies the name his or her own way. Some vendors explain the tag here or in their websites. Welcome to the Forum.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I wish there was a tag column in Rig Mangaer that already contained the fake names like Fan or Marsha or whatever that profile makers could use. That way there might be some consistency throughout the library. There are over 15k rigs and rising and I can’t even search for Marshall or Marsha amps and find them all.

If you can put the real names in a word doc with a disclaimer, why can’t you use them in the Kemper and have a disclaimer in the start up screen?

These profiles go to 11!

• Burkhard, understood about the legalities. And thanks much for the link to the reference list -- it's enough for me to just have a shortcut on my desktop to refer to if I have a question.

Personally, I prefer Mars to Marsha -- I would rather thing of Planet Plexi than The Brady Bunch!

Cheers, Chris

Nothin' too good for my dog.

• That is a question for lawyers. Trust us, we have carefully assessed how we should treat original names.

Is there a set of guidelines for naming to appease the lawyers? No using brand names in the profile name but in the descriptions or tags is it ok? I've seen some commercially available profiles do this.

Is G12H30 ok but don't use Celestion? Etc. I'm about to create a profile library and would like to get the naming right the first time.

These profiles go to 11!