Rabea showing how he makes Kemper profiles

• Really good walk though here guys

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks for sharing, Brother Ash.

Just one point, being the freakin' phase-shift-allergic dick I am:

The easiest way to tell if you're in-phase, according to Rabea, is by how much low-end you have. He said:
    "If you've got lots, you're in-phase. If you don't have much, and it sounds a bit boxy, then you're out-of-phase."

His low-end observation is true, but the horse has well-and-truly bolted by that point, 'cause the first signs of phase shift appear in the highest frequencies beyond our hearing range, and gradually become audible as they manifest in ever-lower frequencies as we move, say, one of the mic's relative to another by millimetres at a time. You have to move a mic an awful-long-way further to cancel low frequencies.

The phase shifts that affect high frequencies, which are the most-audible-and-annoying, can be created by differences of a few millimetres between mic's and cones, as I suggested. Rabea's method of being alerted by the amount of LF loss is, IMHO, like sewing with a menhir (remember Obelix?), relatively-speaking. IOW, it takes huge shifts to noticeably cancel LF content 'cause the wavelengths are so-long compared to, say, those affected by annoying HF manifestations.

There. Got that off my chest. :DX/:S

• Best way to deal with phase when dual micing (or more!) a guitar amp is to phase invert one of the mic preamps and then move the mic around until the sound is at it's thinnest and quietest. Reinvert the channel and boom! Rinse and repeat.

• Does anybody know what guitar that is?
    And more important, when will the profiles be available?
    Cheers

Edit: PRS it is, found his YouTube Video about it.