Amporium - Pignose Pack for free

• Hi guys,

I have done a complete profiles pack of the legendary Pignose 7-100 Amp. Not only Frank Zappa did know how to get usable tones out of that tiny little "fuzz box with a speaker". From back in the 1970s until today the Pignose was (and still is) used in studio and live performances by the pros. Why? Because it has some unique great tones!

You get 18 profiles of a Pignose 7-100 Special Tweed Edition in the pack - 11 studio profiles, 4 special FX profiles and 3 direct amp profiles (of the preamp-out, with speaker still connected in the profiling process).

The profiles were taken in a special treated room with a Shure SM57. There is a sweet spot with the casing of the amp opened up a bit. Regarding the micing, the goal was to reduce some of the fizz and boxyness of the 5" speaker and capture a more full, rich and "pro" sounding tone - without losing the authentic feel of playing a Pignosse in the room. More fuzz then fizz

On this particular amp I have done a speaker out mod. But honestly it sounds the most authentic with the small 5" speaker, when miced properly. The preamp-out signal of the Pignose was often used in the studio - direct to the recording console. You can try the 3 direct amp profiles with your own Kemper cabs to get an idea, how it sounds with bigger cabinets (maybe you need to adjust the definition setting). Experiment with it!

On the original amp it is quite common to turn volume up on the amp, then back down volume on the guitar until you get a nice clean or crunch tone. Try your guitars volume knob turned down with the Kemper profiles too! The main EQ are on 12 o'clock on most of the rigs - don't hesitate to adjust to your need and liking. Also use "definition" to further adapt to the guitar used.

I had a lot of fun doing that pack! So if you want some tones from unique clean to psychedelic overdrive to stoner overkill - download the fuzz for free here:

Amporium - Pignose Pack

And please tell me, if you like the rigs (or not :thumbup: )!!
    Tobi

EDIT: You can now find the profiles in Kemper Rig Exchange too. Search for "Pignose" and "Amporium".

Edited 11 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• The Pignose profiling was real fun and of course this thread is with a big ;)
    Besides that it is a fun thing, maybe there are some usable tones for people lovin' some fuzz and stoner rock. I do love them :thumbup:

So I thought I share the profiles in the Rig Exchange too. My rigs should sound different enough compared to the ones you already get there. Search for "Amporium" and "Pignose".

I am ready to catch some "1.00 ratings" for sure :rolleyes:

• Thanks for sharing.
    At first I wasn't completely convinced, because I lacked pressure and presence with a Strat at first.
    Then I played myself a bit and realized that these profiles allow a lot of refinement after all.
    The built-in effects also blend in harmoniously and do not seem overloaded as is often the case.

Well, they say love at second sight is usually more permanent! :)

• Thanks for the nice feedback! The Pignose profiling resulted in rather low definition values. In addition I wanted to avoid some of the original fizzines and reach a fatter and looser fuzz tone, than one would expect from the tiny amp (what? "fat" tone from a Pignose 5" speaker? :huh::thumbup: ). So the the rigs are clearly on the darker side.

The rigs that are already in RE from another guy use an EQ stomp, to boost some frequencies. So they may sound different because of that also.

On my rigs I would suggest to raise definition settings up to taste. I also recommend using the bridge pickup with the profiles. And try to add some stomp boxes like the green scream to tighten it up a bit. And then the basic EQ are all still at noon - so don't hesitate to adjust here too.

• Thanks !!! From This Pignose to another ;)^^ for sharing :thumbup: Its THE Pignose sound as I know it NICE work/profiles ( I like the fact that they are darker sounding - easy to adjust with definition dialing up) :thumbup:

Thanks man - so great you guys like it. The Pignose is part of amp history - always with a ;) but damned sexy ;)

By the way, it's really cool how accurate the Kemper did reproduce the amps behaviour and feel. The Pignose itself favours bridge pickups - like the profiles do...

A lot of people use pedals with the amp - first it takes overdrives like a champ, although being a transistor amp. Second, with a pedal or buffer (or boost like Zappa did perhaps with his onboard preamp...) the amp responds different / better to the guitar pickup.

Maybe I do a Pack 2 some day - with some nice pedals, boosted tones, dual miced, case wiiide open, cocked wah (Zappa again), a more classic rock tone :thumbup: ... and some wild experiments like Swedish Death Pignose with HM-2 (Japan of course) :saint: