Live Acoustic

• About using steel acoustic on big pop concerts (arenas / outdoor festivals), I now mostly use 2-3 profiles from the famous pack of the Dutch profiler mentioned above (I found them to be the best out there at the moment but still had to tweak heavily). There are also some decent acoustic profiles on the RE (look up "avalon") I used to use before that. One of my profile is more for heavy rhythm strumming with a soft pick, one is warmer/rounder and louder for fingerstyle; they have different EQ, volume level and a touch of reverb/compression. For those gigs, I use IEM so I never had to worry about feedback. It works wonderfully on it's own with no added stuff (I've been mostly using a big Martin D28 but still always kept the feedback buster for safety.)

For gigs with no KPA or IEM (usually smaller gigs), I used to use the same guitar with a small pedalboard based around a Fishman Aura and an EQ but always had some feedback problems even with the most competent soundguys (that big dreadnough is so much trouble). Recently, one of my bands started playing with a drummer instead of a percussion player; the stage volume went even higher and I gave up my Martin in frustration and got the new Godin Doyle Dykes multiac steel string acoustic. It turns out to be a total game changer; great acoustic tone (different animal but really not in a bad way at all), superb playability and no feedback whatsoever. Miles ahead of the other multiacs imo.

I still think my most "authentic sounding" rig was the D-28/Aura but it was too unpractical and frustrating. However, unless I'd be recording, I'm totally in love with that Godin these days for many reasons, the most important is that I can actually focus on the music again instead of fighting feedback all the time. I think if I sit down and tweak my other KPA rigs with a good FRFR monitoring for that particular guitar, I could probably get results as satisfying tone-wise with this than with the D-28/Aura rig... I might have diverged from the topic a bit but that was in a nutshell my almost career-long battle with live acoustic.

• I now mostly use 2-3 profiles from the famous pack of the Dutch profiler mentioned above

Thanks Jed and all who replied here. I went with several of these last night and the gig went Awesome!

Funny story. I have a Mackie profx16v2 and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a dry signal to my guitar (I'm not a sound guy lol). So after some freakin' out and not sure what was going on I init. globals and restored the KPA to factory which wiped the acoustic rigs to factory. I then come to find after more trouble shooting that my board's "FX" is hooped! I race down to the local music store, buy a brand new mixing board, race home for my laptop for the profiles and rigmanager, remove all factory rigs and put all the acoustic rigs back on - all with minutes to spare - Whew! Newbie's, jeez - haha! :D

So, while I can't say the gig went off without a hitch, I can say that the "sound" sure did lol.

The DXR's were awesome, and the Kemper, well, just rocked! :thumbup: