Live Acoustic

• Hello, my fellow Kemper maniaxe! :D

So, I've got a small acoustic gig coming up in a few weeks and have only used my KPA for recording acoustics, which was awesome. I'm hoping there are some quick and dirty (or long and complicated lol), tips out there for a pro setup/sound that I may be missing. Lay it on me, man! :thumbup:

Signal will be Guitar-->KPA-->Mackie profx16V2-->(2) DXR10's
    Two vocalists-->Shure Beta57A's-->Mackie profx16V2-->(2) DXR10's

Thanks,
    Cheers.

Ps. Please tell me I'm crazy for thinking of buying an AER Compact 60/2 for sale near me... haha! ;)

• Ps. Please tell me I'm crazy for thinking of buying an AER Compact 60/2 for sale near me... haha!

Yes you are, if you think to need it for the guitar ^^
    For Vocal OK but for the guitar you can find a lot af acousic rigs wich sound very good also on the the stage. :!:

• Yes you are, if you think to need it for the guitar ^^ For Vocal OK but for the guitar you can find a lot af acousic rigs wich sound very good also on the the stage. :!:

Needed to hear that as I was still negotiating a better price a few minutes ago haha. Thanks, Harry! I'll pass and use the money elsewhere. Even for vox I think I'll stick to what I have, I'm not gigging enough to warrant it. ;)

• The only thing I'd consider adding is a Tonedexter or Fishman Aura to sculpt the guitar sound, then through the Kemper with a nice Avalon profile and effects.

Tonedexter seems really to be an innovation.! (but not cheaply)

Fishman Aura is good but not so much better as the Zoom A3 I have sold, because it was not so much better then the Kemper.

• The only thing I'd consider adding is a Tonedexter or Fishman Aura to sculpt the guitar sound, then through the Kemper with a nice Avalon profile and effects.

I actually bought Bert Meulendijk's acoustic pack which has some grate profiles of Fishman Aura, LR Baggs, some Focusrite and Chandler pres etc which really make the KPA come to life on acoustic.

In my case I was actually using the piezo pickup in my PRS P22 instead of a real acoustic and they sounded great.

• Gforce, I'm not totally sure what the protocol is for naming commercial providers in a general thread like this. Admins may decide this isn't llowed and should be in the 3rd party section but as I have no connection with the vendor (other than being a satisfied user) I'll go ahead and post me answer.

I bought this pack

http://bertmeulendijkprofiles.com/acoustic-pack.html

and find it really good. I think I also have an MBritt acoustic profile from one of his packs but I don't have anything else to compare against. There may be other good packs out there but Bert's pack is certainly a good start and pretty cheep to try out.

• The DXR10s sound great with acoustic, so don't worry about that. Bert has some nice acoustic rigs, but there are also quite a few on the Rig Exchange. I'd try those out first. Just search for acoustic (though some are for Acoustic Amps).

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Oh thanks a lot... I hope we are allowed to talk about profiles here and there. You know I am new to Kemper and I didnt even realised we could use it with an acoustic, so I am very suprised. This is why I ask this question.... The one I bought so far were for electric or semi electric... Getting a VERY good acoustic sound in show is very hard ... I insist on VERY GOOD one. We have to deal with feedback first of all, it can sound metallic... etc SO thanks anyway I'll keep it in my reference I need to finish to pay a new electric guitar but I will give this a try in the future

• The DXR10s sound great with acoustic, so don't worry about that. Bert has some nice acoustic rigs, but there are also quite a few on the Rig Exchange. I'd try those out first. Just search for acoustic (though some are for Acoustic Amps).

Thanks a lot (ok some are for Acoustic amps thats important thanks)

• BTW guys I wonder if those type of acoustic profiles would work great with a semi acoustic???

I will try that one day. Just to you know project more sound and sustain ... Maybe it sounds terrific

8)8)8) GForce

• Most of the acoustic rigs are just the amp and cab block turned off with some compression, eq and maybe reverb added. It is definitely possible to get some gret results this way with either an electro acoustic or (as I do) a piezo equipped electric like PRS P22 or Msic Man JP etc.

The profiles from Bert just add an acoustic amp, a good DI or some nice mic pres to warm up the sound in addition to the compression, eq and reverbs you would normally use. Bert's pack cost me €12.50 so it wasn't a big investment to try them out.

Yes, I thought about the tonedexter but the AER is like $200 more. Since the Kemper is already a wicked preamp I'm not sure I want to invest in another one for my limited amount of shows but if one pops up for a great price I will grab it lol.

Thanks, Dan. I have his pack and use them pretty much exclusively but will look into the RE ones too. I edited my original post as I mention Bert but then thought the mods might move the thread. Hope not. ;)

• I edited my original post as I mention Bert but then thought the mods might move the thread.

I got once a warning because I mentioned Berts (and other profs) Profiles in connection with there are also good Rigs at RE. :(
    I think the mods are tired of punishing such remarks ;)

• I use a J200 with LR Baggs Anthem into the KPA using an aformentioned rig pack that has an LR Baggs Pre in it ...I monitor through a DXR 10 if I get any feedback issues I use the ‘phase’ switch on the Baggs which usually sorts stuff out ...although I quite like the ‘droneybuzz’ from a low G sometimes lol
    Good luck with the gig ...Honestly with a Guitar or Guitars and a KPA you’re sorted for any gig ...anywhere ...anytime :)