• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    :thumbup:

• Stereo and mission ...tee hee :D . That was a good trick using the mission dial to get the sweet spot on the guitar cab /amp in the room sound ..i never messed with that because both cabs give such a WIDE stereo field and i was just happy with the sound. I dont know how or if he could of recorded stereo from the mission cab but it still kicked ass.

HW did a great job to mess with the settings to find the sweet spots, really non biased review IMHO.
    Now times that mission cab X2....thats what i hear and why i never shut up :D ..yeah its expensive..but i cant remember what i paid for them
    it just sounds so good...

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• There needs to be different terminology for those products that are trying to get that amp in the room sound. Because, if your speaker enclosure is coloring the sound to mimic the feel of a real cab, it's not FRFR

• The Mission Stereo should be called a MotherFRFR. :thumbup:

hahaha!

I was thinking about getting the Friedman cab. But after that review I'm not sure anymore. Does anybody have the Friedman ASM-12/ASC-12?

I've read some not so good reviews on the Friedman as well, but you know what, dude? This is the web now, like it or not. If you have the opportunity (I sure as hell don't), test one at a store or if you can't, buy with the option of returning them. Trust no one.

Really sucks, some gear is not reviewed at all. Just look at the limited sources on the ASC or the Matrix stuff And I know why. Most reviewers want to get paid to do good reviews, which just defeats the purpose.

• I am still waiting for a good review of the new Laney 112 active cab. And there's Matrix, Red Sound, etc. Too many options but few comprehensive reviews to help us. Some cabs are difficult to get depending on where you live. Try before you buy? A leap of faith every time! Still, thanks TJ for the review.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Not entirely similar. Mission Gemini 2 has 2x12, the Spark had 2x10 speakers.

True. Blueamps customers who need more low-end punch either use the Beast model or add a Spark Sub to their setup. I have compared the Gemini II to the Spark and find them very similar for my use (trad jazz / country / classic rock). Also note that all Blueamps units are custom builds and priced accordingly.

• I'm quite new to my Kemper and Gemini 2 by Mission Engineering. Not an expert guitarist, aw hell might as well be honest, I'm someone that owns a guitar that screws around with it probably 2-3 hours a week, maybe 2-3 times a month I jam with my buds. Got the Gemini 2 to take place of my Peavey 6505+112 w/ a V30 in it. The high gain profiles I have from various people sound kinda buzzy thru the Gem2(cleans are good). It doesn't matter where the empower knob is, which almost just seems like a presence adjustment. Those profiles are the profiles that have the cab included. When I plug the Kemper with a DI profile (no cab) of the same amp that has the cab included into the send of my Peavey I get a nice growl type sound instead of a buzzy sound. The whole FRFR seems like a bunch of bull. If every FRFR cab was truly a flat response +-1 dB they should all sound pretty much the same except for the volume depending on the size of the amp. I haven't heard this yet but I find it hard to believe that a 1x12 FRFR cab will sound the same as a 4x12 cab. I've seen many comparison videos of FRFR cabs and they all sound different from one another. One other thing I don't get is that they are profiling a guitar thru an amp thru a GUITAR speaker cab. That guitar speaker usually rolls off quite dramatically after 5kHZ so right there you are changing probably the most important variable in the signal chain. Anybody have any info on comparisons of tube amp power stage frequency response vs solid state frequency response where both are driven into the exact same load. Unless I'm wrong I can't see that being as much as a kink in the armor as a different speaker cab. After all this writing hope I get some kind of a response from somebody.