Out of shape strummer trying to do Slayer :P

• Saw Slayer the other night on their final tour and it got me thinking... Those dudes are pretty damn old and the riffs are still super sharp. I wonder how much specific stamina you need be able to play that stuff? Kerry King aint no spring chicken, but he still totally "slays" it... ( quality pun). I play a lot, but it's very far from a metal/thrash style nowdays. So.. What would happen Would my arm literally fall off? To try it I had a crack at quickly learning rhythm parts for War Ensemble. Bonkers cool tune.

Grabbed a suitably thrashy KPA profile (love this little green box!), found a guitarless YT backing track, and it was off to the races.

Spoiler.... I didn't make it. Forearm was kinda jelly when it all fell apart. Respect to the old thrashers! :thumbup:

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Valiant effort! I recently had almost the same experience, haha :D I made a vid for MattFig profiles, where I triple-tracked Megadeth's Holy Wars. I got as far as where the vid fades out before my arm was numb and paralysed! And it's not even as demanding as Slayer!!! 8|:wacko:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• @sambrox Damn mate. Those Megadeth tones are nailed! Your fast picking technique is waaaay better than mine. My wrist just locks up when I'm out of my comfort zone, so the whole arm has to get involved to make anything happen

Kind of forgot how much fun thrash stuff was to play though. A cool little experement.

• External Content youtu.be

Nice tone.

Always amazed by Dave Mustaine to be able to sing on that riff !!

• I reckon you did make it as you prob played with noo warm up !, plus there was still some wine left so you had fuel left over that you could of used hahha!!. :D

That video took me back to 12 years ago when i use to take a small amp and a car battery into the Brisbane street Mall and play 100% slayer covers...ill never forget an old lady coming up and saying ill pay you 10$ if you be quiet... some of my fav days was playing Slayer publicly back then ..was a funny time. :D . Great effort man!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.