Where are the new reverbs.....

• It’s been weeks now and the spring has been beta for a couple of months. If they where available at NAMM why aren’t we at least getting a beta outing. i really want to try these for myself after seeing all the vids.

Anyone heard any rumours on release dates?

• I am content to wait until they have everything stable. Great verbs and a kemper that reboots spontaneously would not be good.

I am very much looking forward to them, but I want my KPA rock stable :)

• Agreed, Michael.

P'Man, some things just take time, especially if you feel compelled or obligated to get them right.

EDIT:

You posted whilst I was typing, P'Man; sorry I missed that.

Here's the thing:

It's not a simple matter, as it usually is, of adding a parameter or three to an existing function, or an alternate graphical display for the Tuner, or what have you. We're talking about a root-and-branch (our current "understanding") overhaul of the FX system, and that's no mean feat in anybody's language.

So, IMHO the overhaul alone would demand more man hours than the usual updates we receive, and that's not counting the additional 'verb algorithms and possibly even some stomp upgrades, although our best understanding (mostly logical guessing with the odd tidbit to go by) is that the stomp upgrades will follow the update as the next priority.

All-in-all, there's nothing out-of-the-ordinary going on as best we can tell. We could be wrong 'though...

• Well for you, not for everyone.

Maybe i remember wrong but I think delay is longer than usually (after an official teaser)

Don't hesitate to give some information if you have some, some people (like me) don't have any !!

Nobody has anymore information apart from the company.

It definitely wouldn't be the first time that a release takes a long time after announcement.

• Agree for the time to make things right, no problem with that at all !

Just the delay seems way longer than usually (I may be wrong, i didn't verify that) and what we heard looked really well advanced and awesome (imho).

Some people may have informations but not everyone (not me at least) I totally understand they won't or can't say anything , but for the others we just have our assumptions.

• Just the delay seems way longer than usually (I may be wrong, i didn't verify that) and what we heard looked really well advanced and awesome (imho).

Again, brother, we must take the overhaul into account.

What we heard were some examples of a shimmery-'verb algorithm or combination of algorithms. IMHO Kemper's gonna add a bunch of new algorithms which may include plates, halls, rooms, chambers and I'm betting a bunch of out-there options along the lines of Eventide's excellent Black Hole and / or delay / 'verb stomp/s.

We'll see, but either way, the overhaul is bound to be the greatest "delay", IMHO. I say this 'cause Kemper already has a little IP when it comes to 'verb / FX algorithms used in its synth lines, which even if not employed as-is, might well serve as time-saving starting points - baseline code, if you will.

• People constantly asked for information of what was coming in the next update and maybe it would have been wise not to raise expectations with the early announcement. I certainly would find no use for an unstable system and am happy to wait.

From what I recall, there were a few other things coming with v6 too. Some kind of patch management update and eq filters on each output. Were those reverb demos in mono at the time of announcement as well?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7