Adjusting Clean and Distortion Sens By Ear?

• The clean sense is for adjusting your clean sound and distorted sound so the levels are the same or close, this way you don't get large jumps in levels when switching between clean and distorted rigs.
    Pick a rig and use the gain knob and turn it down to clean (left) and then to the right distorted. If your clean sound is louder turn down clean sense until it matches. If the clean sound is quieter turn it up to match the distorted sound. That's it.

For distortion sense, leave it at zero and just find rigs with the amount of distortion you want to use.

You can lock the clean sense to use the same setting for all rigs. Or save per each rig.

Edit: yes, set the clean sense by ear

There is a Kemper video that explains it, hopefully you can have it dictated or listen to it to get the idea I am described. Here is the YouTube link.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by drog ().

• Actually clean sense *should* be set ideally by eyeing the input level LED and not by ear. The clean sense function is there primarily to adjust the level of different pickups so that the input A/D converter is neither overloaded nor hit too softly. I set all my guitars so that the input LED barely flashes into the orange (never into red) on the hardest (loudest) playing. Then after that adjust distoration sense to balance the clean and distortion realative levels.

• Actually clean sense *should* be set ideally by eyeing the input level LED and not by ear. The clean sense function is there primarily to adjust the level of different pickups so that the input A/D converter is neither overloaded nor hit too softly. I set all my guitars so that the input LED barely flashes into the orange (never into red) on the hardest (loudest) playing. Then after that adjust distoration sense to balance the clean and distortion realative levels.

Not to be rude but this is misinformation as far as I know. Distortion sense doesn't affect the volume. It affects the amount of distortion. The post by @drog is right.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Not to be rude but this is misinformation as far as I know. Distortion sense doesn't affect the volume. It affects the amount of distortion. The post by @drog is right.

Exactly. Distortion Sense is a global gain control, for increasing/decreasing gain across all Rigs and Profiles.

• Thanks for the replies guys.

Hey BlindGuitarist, I am in southern Ontario, I’m not certain where are you are or whether you are close to me but if you are fairly close, I could come over and help you out sometime and get everything set up, just for the stuff that maybe isn’t easy for you…
    I tried to send you a private message but it is not working probably because you are a new member…