Noob: Amp / Cab presets

• Hey all, complete newbie question.

I'm still learning the unit. I find myself surprised whenever I enter the AMP or CAB area of the STACK and browse presets in the "Presets" mode, not the "From Rigs" mode, to find that there's only 8 presets in my still-factory unit (bought new).

Is that right? Because 8 factory AMP and CAB presets seems really low -- have I somehow fouled this unit up?

Of course I see many more when I browse "From Rigs".

Just checkin', y'all.
    Speck

Nothin' too good for my dog.

• There are just a few example amp and cabinet presets. The majority of amp and cabinet PROFILEs is included in the 250-300 Rigs preinstalled. Rigs are the primary vehicle for us to share PROFILEs. Presets are a tool for your convenience. You can create amp, cabinet or stack presets from any Rig, if you plan to reuse particular PROFILEs often.

Currently we preinstall 18 cabinet presets which are based on impulse responses provided by Celestion. If you are interested and would like to import those on your PROFILER, please download Factory Content 5.5 and pick those presets from the folder Cabinet, then import via USB stick.

• Thanks. There's also a considerably larger number of rigs in that 5,5 content.

Also, thanks for the heads up about the RIGS being the main unit of measure. I'm used to so many other devices using 'Presets' as the main instrument browsing entity, which is why I thought the Kemper Preset number low. I can adjust, of course.

• Some call it programs, some call it presets, we call it Rigs. Our presets are local presets of just one module or section, while Rigs include the complete signal chain from input to module REV.

• FYI to all readers.

When you load the v5.5 Content Rigs, you will end up with a significant (annoying) amount of duplicate rigs, or near duplicate rigs.

For instance, you may have 2 rigs right next to each other with the exact same name, but there is a small difference.

• Example: "Twin 1 Clean": difference: one has the dual DLY LED lights lit (though the effect is off by default). I have run into several examples of this.

Another instance: you may have the exact same rig listed twice, but with different names

• Example: I was playing "Ton Ham AGS" on the Profiler, but found that it was not listed on the Kemper Factory Rigs list. So I searched and found that there is another rig named "RG - Ton Ham AGS". Apparently, Rod Gonzales (or Kemper) later decided that his rigs should have "RG" prefixed to the rig name, but if you import the new 5.5 rigs and have the old version installed, you will now have that dup. Probably the only way you will not have this happen with 5.5 content is if you buy a new Kemper with 5.5 content factory installed.

Note to Kemper: this is only a nuisance content bug, but it's a nuisance.

Chris

• For posterity: there are lots of other kinds of name changes too, such as these two:

• AS - Bogus Golden Arm
    • AS Bogus Golden Arm

I won't list any more, you get the picture. But I'm hoping Kemper can see that my message is: please be more careful with managing content in the future to reduce the number of duplicates that happen with name changes. My Kemper is a mess right now, having nearly 600 rigs to go through to delete the several dozen (so far) dup entries.

Thanks for listening,
    Chris