Saving a Profile in a DAW session for recall

• I'll check it out but saw mentioned it won't pass Logic's AU validation, which is exactly why this sort of thing is better dealt with as raw sysex and not a plugin.

These profiles go to 11!

• On second thought, a sysex plugin like the KPA DAW Saver would mean you could create channel strips in Logic and EVERYTHING would wake right up, Kemper settings, Third Party Plugins, Sends to verbs and buses. I've created an extensive library of channel strips using amp sim plugins so this would be the best way to replace those amp sims with the Kemper, by keeping all of my already tweaked effect plugins intact.

For session work, I find it's much better to use delay and verb in the DAW so that I can punch in and out or edit the part and not have to worry about cutting off delay trails.

These profiles go to 11!

• Ex-actly.

I don't know if those apart from you realise that we're talking about the edit buffer here. What this means, non-GuavaDudes, is that you can tweak 'til your heart's content and simply send the sysex "blip / burp" after arming the receiving MIDI track and hitting record. No need to save the Rig; it's immortalised as sysex.

Sorry - I wasn't implying not using the Kemper for many years. I just don't see the need to call up a 15 year old session and expect it to load without any issues. That is an exaggeration in my book - but it's just IMHO.

I repeat: Digital Performer loads 34-year-old sessions with zero issues. That's no exaggeration. 15 years is nothing. My 250+ songs that're waiting in the wings haven't been opened since first converted from ATARI back in the '90s. If I'd had a Kemper with sysex functionality back then, all Rigs used would've made it across to the Mac as MIDI tracks within the MIDI files I exported from CueBalls on the ATARI.

See the power of what we're talking about? We're talking 24 years and project conversion from a sequencer on ATARI to a DAW on Mac, and all Rigs would've made it fully-intact. No plugin in history has or could survive this journey.

So once again, 34-year compatibility for DP and 24-year-old projects of mine, my entire "catalogue", are not exaggeration or fantasy; they're my reality, man.

• Sorry I wasn't clear (again). It's great to that it loads. I just don't need it to. I'd rather have daily convenience. But that is for another thread as stated so I'll leave this one.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I got a response with more info on the UI2Midi function. Seems like it's really close but not quite what I need.

If anyone who could use the sysex function or some way to take a snap shot of current edit buffers in the Kemper, and save/export in the Session/Track you're working on, please drop a request to the team. I need this real world functionality a lot more than I need shiny new reverbs.

>The UI to MIDI function sends most of the parameters in the PROFILER to the MIDI out but not simultaneously and only when you change one of them. It is not meant to be used as a bulk dump utility but is a way to synchronize two PROFILERs on stage.
    If you want to promote your idea for a bulk dump function please do so in the feature request section of our company forum which is frequently monitored by our developers.
    In the meantime please consider creating backups of your PROFILER for every project that you are working on or use the Rig Manager software and create folders in the local library for each project and use program changes in your DAW to trigger the desired rigs.
    >

These profiles go to 11!

• I'm pretty sure I already started a thread there but will check. I posted here initially because I thought I was overlooking a way to accomplish this. I also hadn't seen any discussion on what UI2Midi actually accomplishes until your response. I saw it mentioned in the release notes but no detail that I could find.

New thread created in feature requests. Any users who need this, please chime in. thx

These profiles go to 11!

Edited once, last by Guavadude ().

• I tend to create a performance with the sounds for the song, and name it ...err....as the song !

That's a great approach for a live gig but a less than ideal approach for production and session work where you can be working on several different tracks a day with LOTS of parts.

So every track you record, you're going to save a tweaked profile, which are often variations of the same amp. So now you have hundreds of similarly labeled rigs but still don't know which ones match up to which recorded tracks. And to complicate matters you're going to create Performances of these "songs" but is it the first or the fifth revision you've done for the client? And you're just going to keep all that organized in the Kemper? Errr...good luck.

And just recreating your entire client/session/tracking workflow in Rig Manager won't work either because you can only have two nested folders! I'm also not seeing a way to grab my currently edited profile from Rig Manager. What I'm trying to avoid is having to SAVE every single profile I use for every single track in every single song first in the Kemper or RM.

Being able to store a snapshot of the currently edited buffer in the Kemper in the DAW is the way to go. It's why synths all have sysex patch, performance, bank, multi, and ALL options available. It lets you get right back to where you were at a later point in time without having to save the patch first.

These profiles go to 11!

• Have you considered using the snapshots feature in the Kemper? Then use the timestamp in the snapshot to identify which snapshot was used for each track. You only need to log the timestamp in the project in the DAW I would think.

• I wonder how the ToastME obtains a full snapshot of the settings when it connects? Maybe leech on that via midi yoke or something. Could be totally off though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Way above my pay grade, MM, but it's an intriguing thought.

Have you considered using the snapshots feature in the Kemper? Then use the timestamp in the snapshot to identify which snapshot was used for each track. You only need to log the timestamp in the project in the DAW I would think.

You'd still need to first populate the Kemper with the Rigs present at the time of the snapshot/s, wouldn't you Daan? IOW, x number of months or years down the track when you try to rework the project, you'd have to have the Rigs stored somewhere in order to be able to send them to the KPA, which brings us right back to square one.