Mooer Preamp Live

• Please Kemper, get into the "super portable" market already, I want a super portabel Kemper but all the others are tempting me with great products like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would have bought this instantly if it wasn't for the lack of builtin effects, and possibly that it only has one XLR out (but I guess I could hook it up to our IEMs with a TRS)

Kemper Mini Player now 8o8o8o8o everyone wants it, you know it!

Or a 1U compact version! 8o8o8o

• Yeah... Super convinient looking!
    I would probably get this instead lf ot combining a preamp pedal and the radar.

This has IR capabilities so :)

It's just the lack of built-in effects that keeps me from buying it... The price is just right for me and it sounds really good in Olas demo so I'm really on the fence.
    Maybe I could play without effects live, but really I like having compressor/chorus/delay during clean parts and delay on solos... Hmmm!!!

• The NUX Cerberus is also an interesting option...
    Analog drive, dist & boost. Digital modulations, reverb & delays. IR loadable over USB. :whistling:

It looked very tempting at first until I realized that you can only get IRs in one of the outputs, not both.
    That can potentioally be tricky if you get a good sound for FOH but the "non-IR" tone to the IEMs is unpleasant to hear.
    Of course I have no idea how it sounds, but I rather have the same tone coming out of both outputs.
    So this looked promising at first but quickly became uninteresting.

• Super compact range of modelers is really blooming in last couple of years... Kemper should deffinitely catch up. I would buy small Kemper floor unit (think Mooer or Amplifire size).

You now have Mooer Preamp live, Amplifire 6, Amplifire box, Mooer Radar and mini preamps, effects etc... I use AA3 for live and Mooer Radar with acoustic impulses for acoustic gigs... Its 2018 now i dont wanna drag huge units or floor boars to sound good... Yeah im that lazy... :D:D

• It looked very tempting at first until I realized that you can only get IRs in one of the outputs, not both.That can potentioally be tricky if you get a good sound for FOH but the "non-IR" tone to the IEMs is unpleasant to hear.

Are you sure about this, it has a toggle switch for each output to enable or disable Cab sim. this means you can have CAB sim on both. and in the manual i saw this which refers to the two toggles on the front of the pedal:

"Independently toggle speaker cabinet simulation on/off for the differentoutputs of PREAMP LIVE"

• I might be wrong but I think @Cederick was referring to the NUX Cerberus.

Are you sure about this, it has a toggle switch for each output to enable or disable Cab sim. this means you can have CAB sim on both. and in the manual i saw this which refers to the two toggles on the front of the pedal:
    "Independently toggle speaker cabinet simulation on/off for the differentoutputs of PREAMP LIVE"

• Super compact range of modelers is really blooming in last couple of years... Kemper should deffinitely catch up. I would buy small Kemper floor unit (think Mooer or Amplifire size).

You now have Mooer Preamp live, Amplifire 6, Amplifire box, Mooer Radar and mini preamps, effects etc... I use AA3 for live and Mooer Radar with acoustic impulses for acoustic gigs... Its 2018 now i dont wanna drag huge units or floor boars to sound good... Yeah im that lazy... :D:D

They should! Pleeeaaase 8o

• If Kemper went into this market, I think they should retain the current product for full feature and profiling and a unit you can sync with the main unit as a standalone foot pedal.

That way we retain the capability./principle of profiling and therefore fab sounds but a cut down version for simplicity/rehearsals!

• Guys. I know we've all been talking about how this is basically a great kemper stand-in/backup. I plan on profiling all 12 of my rigs on the 3 banks. Grabbed one on pre-order myself today for 15% off. That comes to 339.15 with free shipping. The supplier told me that it would arrive by OCT 15TH. There are 2 left. Go on ebay NOW and message infinite-db with the Subject: derums759j offer and he'll direct you to the link to buy one with free shipping. This is only live till 9pm. Sorry if it sounds spammy, but this is for real and I didn't want a couple of my Kemper brothers to miss out.

• Guys. I know we've all been talking about how this is basically a great kemper stand-in/backup. I plan on profiling all 12 of my rigs on the 3 banks. Grabbed one on pre-order myself today for 15% off. That comes to 339.15 with free shipping. The supplier told me that it would arrive by OCT 15TH. There are 2 left. Go on ebay NOW and message infinite-db with the Subject: derums759j offer and he'll direct you to the link to buy one with free shipping. This is only live till 9pm. Sorry if it sounds spammy, but this is for real and I didn't want a couple of my Kemper brothers to miss out.

when you put it to test tell us what you think!

• I have the Kemper for over 4 years.I bought this Mooer preamp and I love it. Kemper rack unit is hard to carry around plus the foot controller.I didnt want to sell it to buy the kemper stage so i got the mooer.it rocks